Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show **FOOD**/stayover thread

John and I have a coleman stove that we are bringing and the pans to cook with. I will bring (6) 1 gallon jugs of water. I don't know what to do about plates, bowls, cups and plasticware. We could bring some of it, maybe the plates and plasticware. John and I are thinking about buying food when we get to Carlisle so that we don't have to cart everything down there in coolers and try to keep them cold. Hopefully I will have time to make cookies:clap:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John and I have a coleman stove that we are bringing and the pans to cook with. I will bring (6) 1 gallon jugs of water. I don't know what to do about plates, bowls, cups and plasticware. We could bring some of it, maybe the plates and plasticware. John and I are thinking about buying food when we get to Carlisle so that we don't have to cart everything down there in coolers and try to keep them cold. Hopefully I will have time to make cookies:clap:

Thanks very much for doing that.As of this moment I haven't yet even seen my Coleman,which is buried.Just brought my first Legacy load of good from the storage unit to the new garage space.Kind of like moving a pebble off the beach.:lol:

Yeah,we can all help by bringing paper plates,etc...and nobody need to bring too much food.Expect most people to just be there Saturday for lunch and a few less for the evening meal.Lots of folks will disappear by Sunday,including myself,should I make it.

The way it looks right now I might take off around midnight from here and sleep in the car so I can be there early Saturday AM....but things are still not 100% set.Hoping my son wants to blow off his Saturday ballgame and come along.He has a game on Sunday too.

If I come down overnight I would sure appreciate a shower sometime on Saturday.I'll have to check to see if Carlisle has them.Otherwise if someone is staying at a hotel,maybe I can mooch a quicky....shower that is.;)

Also,if I'm going to make it down for early Saturday,who wants to fatten up at the Waffle House with a big dog breakfast that morning?I know I'd be willing to.

Carlisle fair does have showers on the fairground not at the campsites. Of course, from my experience, the mens line for the bathroom for the shower are longer than the woman's. :eek:I know thats the first time I have experience that situation :lol:

I hope you can come moosen. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thank you everybody!!

Today I had a great conversation with my wife.We'll see,but I'm probably going to go see you guys and blow off my son's game.I really hope he does too and comes along with me.But he loves baseball more than cars right now.

Doesn't look like a family outing by any stretch.Daughter has things going on,etc......also missing my niece's graduation-who's VERY lucky to be alive and walking after a wicked car accident this past year.

Sure am going to try! And sure am going to try to tune up that '78 so I can squeeze those MPG's out!!! Freakin gas prices! :mad:

paul, that bathroom that was just up from our spot has the showers and they looked good too. Keith and Tess took showers there last year.

Yup, showered there both saturday and sunday. Not bad at all. plenty of hot water and the wait wasn't long. There are also hoses out side of that bathroom for washing your car... if you're desperate :grin:

This year I think I'm only going to make it for saturday.

Yup, showered there both saturday and sunday. Not bad at all. plenty of hot water and the wait wasn't long. There are also hoses out side of that bathroom for washing your car... if you're desperate :grin:

This year I think I'm only going to make it for saturday.

Yeah,I asked about the hoses last year and was surprised to hear they are free and available for all to use.After the long ride for many of us I wouldn't call it desperate.Just makes good sense to get the road dust off for the Show.;)

Saturday only for me too.If I'm still there Sunday it'll be because I caught up on sleep and am driving home as early as possible on Sunday.

Looking like Andrew and Charlie are out.Too bad,but most understandable.I'm very lucky to be *most likely* going but I'm not looking forward to filling the gas tank.

I been setting money aside for this...well kinda..but I dont care what the price of gas..its the least of my worrys....and right now Rock is down between 13-15 mpg with the bad bearing...2 weeks to finish this paint job!:banana:

I will be heading down sometime Friday...hopefully...to help Matt get stuff set up etc. We will see how the yellow cop magnet runs...right now he is blowing raw fuel out the exhaust but once the clear coat is on and baked I should be handing him over to Rory for a quick once over before the trip down

Sounds good to me!!

So what kind of beer do most of you like? Im on a budget right now so would coors light or miller light or something like that work? Any suggestions? Also im assuming that someone (or a few people) are bringing coolers with ice for me to put it in?

I know in PA they dont sell alcohol at the convenience stores like in NY:-\

Personally, I really dont even drink, but I was down for fall Carlisle last year, and my buddy wanted to go out and get somethin for himself. He had a HECK of a time! Youve gotta buy beer at a bar in PA....and at 9-somethin at night on a weekend.... all the friggin bars were closed! (he was pissed)

My .02

so would coors light or miller light or something like that work?

No,not for me,but thanks for your consideration.

I'm really not drinking much at all these days,but if its cool out a good Guinness,or if its warmer any decent Ale.But to tell the truth please don't go out of your way for the sake of showing up with something impressive.

After this week of people not returning calls,etc. and basically blowing me off in one way or another I'm probably leaning towards blowing off Carlisle.But I have to say,the most of you guys going for the first time I'd really like to meet,so there's a chance I might go.Just so much going on and now is the only time for me to get my move done and get our home on the market by completing the work going on.Son has two baseball games that weekend too.Lots of reasons to not go,but few reasons to drive that far just hang with people at the moment.

Beer thread! I'm just going to bring a six or two of our local brewpub ale. (They bottle/can some of their brews now)

Also, we are going to bring a small cheapo camping grill (propane) to heat the chili and maybe throw some hot dogs on too....

Ok then maybe since others are bringing beer ill tone it down and bring a 12 pack of something else (maybe something special). Not sure how many of you have tried Long Trails seasonal beer called Blackbeary Wheat (yes thats spelled right). Its amazing but a bit on the expensive side. If i find a good deal on some i might bring that.

I really don't do much with beer so if anything I am just going to get a six for me and call it good....if it is hot I do water and forget about the beer totally.

Put your beer money in the fuel tank and just go with BYOB and get your asses to Carlisle!!!!!!!!!! You too Paul! :banana:

I really don't do much with beer so if anything I am just going to get a six for me and call it good....if it is hot I do water and forget about the beer totally.

Put your beer money in the fuel tank and just go with BYOB and get your asses to Carlisle!!!!!!!!!! You too Paul! :banana:

OK,could happen more easily now.Just found out tonight they're pushing me over to the shift I'm supposed to be on so Friday I'll be able to leave in the afternoon/evening.

Just wanted to cry like a little girl for a minute.Now my blouse it all wet.:-\

Andrew,can you please try to communicate as you say you're going to?Hard to make time for you when my plans get screwed up.