Ultimate Subaru Message Board

P1507 Idle Control System Malfunction (Fail Safe) HELP!!!

So, long story short here we are with Courtneys SECOND motor swap. Everything went more or less flawless. Started it up and with-in 30 seconds it threw P1507 Idle Control System Malfunction (Fail Safe) I don't even know what that means. Everything worked fine before (Except the ticking.) Right before she brought me the car she sprayed the engine bay out and it threw a knock sensor code.. but that went away once the car was dry. So then I swapped the motor.. and now here I am. I am going to call CCR tomarrow and see what they think. (If I don't get any good ideas here first.) I'm going to cry. I'm starting to feel like a failure or something.. even though the first motor wasnt my fault. :clap:

(this for '00obw AT):

11CN1: CHECK ANY OTHER DTC ON DISPLAY

CHECK: Does the Subaru Select Monitor or OBD-II general scan tool indicate DTC P1510, P1511, P1512, P1513, P1514, P1515, P1516 or P1517?

YES: Inspect DTC P1510, P1511, P1512, P1513, P1514, P1515, P1516 or P1517 using "11. Diagnostics Chart with Trouble Code for AT Vehicles".

NOTE: In this case, it is not necessary to inspect DTC P0507.

NO: Go to step 11CN2 .

11CN2: CHECK AIR INTAKE SYSTEM.

Turn ignition switch to ON. Start engine, and idle it. Check the following items.

Loose installation of intake manifold, idle air control solenoid valve and throttle body

Cracks of intake manifold gasket, idle air control solenoid valve gasket and throttle body gasket

Disconnections of vacuum hoses

CHECK: Is there a fault in air intake system?

YES: Repair air suction and leaks.

NO: Go to step 11CN3 .

11CN3: CHECK THROTTLE CABLE.

CHECK: Does throttle cable have play for adjustment?

YES: Go to step 11CN4 .

NO: Adjust throttle cable.

11CN4: CHECK AIR BY-PASS LINE.

Turn ignition switch to OFF. Remove idle air control solenoid valve from throttle body. Confirm that there are no foreign particles in by-pass air line.

CHECK: Are foreign particles in by-pass air line?

YES: Remove foreign particles from by-pass air line.

NO: Replace idle air control solenoid valve.

• 1 year later...