Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thinking of repainting my wagon + photoshop =

I've always been thinking of repainting my wagon...but could decide on a color. was originally detracted from the blue, black, and silver because those seem to be the overwhelmingly popular subaru colors. When I go to MNSubaru meets, it seems that all the cars there are one of those 3 colors....and then a red one will show up and everyone starts drooling over it....

but then I realized, since this is a completely different body style, it wouldn't be quite so cliche. AND, by going with the trademark subaru blue and gold, it would be more recognizable as a subaru.

sooo.....I took the wagon to a car wash, and then to my favorite photoshoot spot, and took some pictures. found a good picture of some sweet gold Rotas, the RX decal from Mick's decal site, and the STi decal, and got to work....and this is what I came out with:

WRBwRotagoldsresized.jpg

or maybe with black bumpers:

WRBwRotagoldsandblackbumpersresized.jpg

edit....decided it needed some tint:

WRBwRotagoldsandblackbumpersandtint.jpg

WRBwRotagoldsandtint.jpg

Hey, if ya got the time, see what it looks like if you black out the door handles as well. I'm thinking of doing mine on black....

-Doug

you know....I saw a GL-10 in the junkyard with black handles last summer...it looked really nice. not sure how it would go with this blue, but it's worth a try.

Edit: how about...like this:

WRBwRotagoldsandblackbumpersandt-1.jpg

i would "two tone" it - blue above, black below, move the RX thing up and back - behind the wheel well & just above the body line...just my two cents...

I've tried 2 tone stuff...and haven't found anything I'm terribly fond of. I did it on my lifted wagon and it looked sweet.....but I just don't see it working here.

I'll try relocating the decal. hadn't thought of that.

I was originally thinking leaving the bumpers and mirrors blue....but I'm liking it better with the black bumpers...maybe I'll do the mirrors too...

I already removed about a half a dozen rust spots, and a couple other things....didn't get to the dent. I wish body work was really this easy :-\

I am NOT normally one to say this, but I think it might look better with the trim line left on.... paint it blue if you want, but to me it is obviously missing something in the middle of the door.....

I can't say what I think would look best, or I would have posted this sooner.. but IMHO, it needs something in the middle of all that sheetmetal there...

As for two-toning it, why not just do the EXTREME lower section in black, or bedliner type stuff?? IE, START with the black just below your RX Decals??

Dain']Dudde' date=' black bumpers, black handles, black mirrors with the tint! but why hte "RX" and "STi" decals? you have mods related to those cars?[/quote']

yep, running an RX Full-Time 4WD tranny. and....well....theyareontome.gif

did a few more versions today....I'll post them in a bit

Hey, if ya got the time, see what it looks like if you black out the door handles as well. I'm thinking of doing mine on black....

-Doug

Here in my Country, All Loyales came with Plastic Black Door Handles... :-\ ...and Tiny Bumpers, as other Brands do too...

I Like your Idea of Paintin´ The Wagon... if you Do, Please post Pics of that here.

Good Luck! :burnout:

THAT looks excellent, and removes what I felt was a "need" for the dent-stripe along the sides.... I would agree to check it out with the mirros and body kit black, but also try ALL blue with the body kit on...

The ground effects REALLY complete the car. I hate afterkarket stuff usually, but most factory body kits appeal to me in the extreme... (the 86 300ZX comes to mind as one obvious example.. as well as our subarus.)

Try thinking of different logos or decals you might want instead of the RX.. someone here (I can't recall who right now.. McBrat?) makes them custom, and they come out nice.. I am fairly sure he can do most anything you can email him in high enough resolution.

Looking good, this is what computers were made for :grin:

Must resist urge to lower my offroad wagon...THAT looks sick as hell.black body kit,black door handles,black mirrors,black bumpers.That would be the coolest I have ever seen a wagon look.

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many things some consider unnatural...

Sorry I mean, lower it:headbang:

No,I have had offroad magazines ever since I could read...Now I finally have a offroad rig.Although my next subaru project will be lower.Im thinking on the lower one take 2" out of an Xt air suspension strut then bolt it to EA82 wagon.2 inches lower + AIRSTRUTS.

No,I have had offroad magazines ever since I could read...Now I finally have a offroad rig.Although my next subaru project will be lower.Im thinking on the lower one take 2" out of an Xt air suspension strut then bolt it to EA82 wagon.2 inches lower + AIRSTRUTS.

I don't think the air ride works that way. No coils to remove.

THAT looks excellent, and removes what I felt was a "need" for the dent-stripe along the sides.... I would agree to check it out with the mirros and body kit black, but also try ALL blue with the body kit on...

ok:

blackbodykit.jpg

allblue.jpg

and just for fun, with STi BBS's on it:

withBBSs.jpg

meh, I like the Rota Torques better.

even if you could cut 2" out of the air struts without destroying something. you'd still be 4-lug, and you'd still have the air struts.....

I've got something else entirely planned for suspension on this beast (hence the STi decals.....)