Ultimate Subaru Message Board

COPS love EA82T's!!!!!

Ok so check this out :

I'm over at my buddy Josh's house eating dinner hanging out, when I notice he has the new Test Drive Unlimited game! So I have to have it of course so we set out to Fred Myer to go see if they had it. I make a right turn out of his house and I look in the mirror and I have a Sheriff right on my rump roast. I pull up the stop sign, then proceed to go and he lights me up! I'm thinking to myself what the ************ did I do?!?!

He pulls me over and comes up and tells me that my license plate was bent and it looked like someone was trying to steal my plates, so I get out and look and sure enough its all folded up! I then remember going threw the Car Wash earlier and explained that to him. He nods and starts shining his flashlight all over my car checking it out. I think see him smiling!!!! He then starts asking me about my car and what I had done to it!!! He says "I heard you back there, this thing sounds awesome!" He liked my HID Headlights and says "MAN Those are REALLY COOL" He then looks inside and says "Wow you got a little racecar here" Still Smiling. We start talking about what I had done to the car and stuff and he even asks me "This thing have NITRO in it?" At this point I was happy and couldn't beleave it! He then just checks my license and as he leaves he says "Yeah My Friend had a Subaru and MAN that thing was FAST!"

He then leaves and tells me to have a good night.

This made my week!!!!!

Now that is one cool COP! I wish there were more COPS out there like this guy. I actually have a little more respect for them now, beleave it or not.

• Like 1

I have to agree, the local town Cop has had a good look under my hood now too....

He was and is a Brumby fan, did not notice my 'air conditioner' or if he did he had the good grace to say nothing about it.

Now I get a nice wave from him when passing.

Its the driver behaviour they rate you on

(unless they have to pull you up on a safety issue- in which case fair enough)

I have a Mate I went to school with who is a Cop, total motor head, always has been.

Loves the job as it suits his driving!!!

Gets to shoot handguns at the range a lot too, which is very hard to do here in Australia.

I'm looking at applying for the Potland Police department right now in fact. I won't deny that I'll probably be quite biased when it comes to old-school soobs :rolleyes:.

GD

I bet those are some SERIOUSLY unmotivated cops down there at the Potland PD ;)

Are those the same ones who didn't mind the "air conditioning?"

I bet those are some SERIOUSLY unmotivated cops down there at the Potland PD ;)

Are those the same ones who didn't mind the "air conditioning?"

A lot of our officers are quite nice. My windshield has been cracked for like.... well ever since I got it in fact. I've been pulled over three times - twice by the Portland/Metro PD's, and once by a podunk female officer in some two hick town south of Salem.... only one that gave me trouble was the hick town officer. Said she would write me a ticket if I drove by her a second time with it like that even though I promised to fix it on my next payday (:rolleyes:) - that wasn't good enough for her despite the fact that I told her I wouldn't be able to afford it till then. I haven't been back there in that car since, but I've been pulled over twice by the Portland PD, and haven't had a problem. Just a friendly "warning".

I've recently discovered that I have all the qualifications for the Police. And the starting wage is $40,000 - increasing to $70,000 at 5 years. Seems like a good way to go for me. They are lately concerned with hireing people that have "customer service" skills. I guess with the recent bout of folks being tazered, they have had to change their hireing priorities some.

GD

The "Potland" PD? :lol:

Out here, if you have a car with a loud BOV or any sort of loud exhaust, you get crap. Same goes for the "air conditioning"... thats a $200 ticket immediately.

I get pulled over AT LEAST once a week, for my car being too loud... I cant afford to repair the rusty exhaust :confused:

One of the cops was really cool though, "hey my grandma has one of these! fix your exhaust, alright buddy?"

Hard to come by nice police officers in these parts...

The "Potland" PD? :lol:

Out here, if you have a car with a loud BOV or any sort of loud exhaust, you get crap. Same goes for the "air conditioning"... thats a $200 ticket immediately.

I get pulled over AT LEAST once a week, for my car being too loud... I cant afford to repair the rusty exhaust :confused:

One of the cops was really cool though, "hey my grandma has one of these! fix your exhaust, alright buddy?"

Hard to come by nice police officers in these parts...

I'm sorry, but I kinda miss the point on the "air conditioning"? I can think of a couple of things, but none seem very logical ;)

*I* may have misinterpreted the original "air conditioning" remark, but I took it for a smoke reference.

And i'm trying to be subtle about it.

Thanks for picking up on the missing "R" there, misledxcracker... *I* left it out on purpose, I think GD failed to notice his typo when I quoted him and failed to catch my point entirely.

On an aside, I live in Palm Beach County. Generally speaking, the PB Sheriff Deputies are cool guys.. (my theory is that they take all the pinheads that they hire and stick em in the jail, because the ppl working in the jail are gonna become pinheads eventually anyhow.. you HAVE to be a pinhead to deal with that element...) They don't bust your rump roast too hard for anything that doesn't deserve it.. USUALLY. Lots of city cops are less friendly about it, and more prone to power-tripping.. We have some antiquated municipal expansion laws down here, so the county is divided up into several cities and towns, all of which run together.. Some cities have their own PD, and in those cities its City PD jursidiction.. but in all the unincorporated areas between these municipalities, its PBSO only.

In other words, the cities care much more about revenue generation, and the sherriffs care much more about keeping things safe, secure, but not too fascist. I like my local sheriffs.

ANd I was figuring that the "air conditioning" was another belt driven accessory that compressed gasses, but instead of sending the gasses to the condenser, it piped them into the intake manifold.

Bingo

It looks like a compressor with a clutch, it is a 'compressor' with a clutch.

the supercharger was my second guess.. but now we all know what MY air conditioning is, huh? :-\

O well, it's not like a majro secret or anything. Mu humble apologies for the misunderstanding, if any offense was taken. I couldn't decide which one you meant, and I went with the humorous one due to General Disorder's accompanying typo.. I think it is understandable at least.

What makes a supercharger illegal?? emissions/smog control laws? Thats what made that idea alien to me, I would have no problems driving around a home made blown vehicle where I live...

the supercharger was my second guess.. but now we all know what MY air conditioning is, huh? :-\

O well, it's not like a majro secret or anything. Mu humble apologies for the misunderstanding, if any offense was taken. I couldn't decide which one you meant, and I went with the humorous one due to General Disorder's accompanying typo.. I think it is understandable at least.

What makes a supercharger illegal?? emissions/smog control laws? Thats what made that idea alien to me, I would have no problems driving around a home made blown vehicle where I live...

I was speaking with phizinza about this the other day. It's technically illegal to even have a motor swapped over in australia. But there are legal ways to get it approved.

I was speaking with phizinza about this the other day. It's technically illegal to even have a motor swapped over in australia. But there are legal ways to get it approved.

It's even illegal to put a different (ie. EA81 into an EA81) unless you notify the authorities before you do the swap and wait til you get the rego papers through with the new engine number...

Myself, well... I just try to make it look legal :o

Where is this topic going with all this air con talk and engine swap talk.. Hell, I don't even remember where it started.. Oh, cops, that's right.

Australia is really anal about modifications.

Ironically, the car most people think of when you say Australia;

Mad Max's Interceptor, is Hideously illegal there.

Engine (blower) protruding from hood, Larger than stock tires, Zoomie exhaust, Body modifications, engine modifications.... All big no-nos.

Australia is really anal about modifications.

Ironically, the car most people think of when you say Australia;

Mad Max's Interceptor, is Hideously illegal there.

Engine (blower) protruding from hood, Larger than stock tires, Zoomie exhaust, Body modifications, engine modifications.... All big no-nos.

what did the road warrior have to do with australlia?