Ultimate Subaru Message Board

COPS love EA82T's!!!!!

It's even illegal to put a different (ie. EA81 into an EA81) unless you notify the authorities before you do the swap and wait til you get the rego papers through with the new engine number... ...

Here You can Swap About Anythin´ in a Car... and just "Before" it gets to the Sreets, you need to do the Papers... Just with a Proof of Purchase of the Engine (Like a Bill of Sale) and You´re Ready!... is Easy:burnout:

ANd I was figuring that the "air conditioning" was another belt driven accessory that compressed gasses, but instead of sending the gasses to the condenser, it piped them into the intake manifold.

That is an Idea I Heard from Old Mechanics... That kind of Device Really Exist? or that´s Just a EGR? ...

EGR with Compressor? :confused:

That is an Idea I Heard from Old Mechanics... That kind of Device Really Exist? or that´s Just a EGR? ...

EGR with Compressor? :confused:

He was describing a supercharger. a compressor that feeds compressed air into the intake... :-p

Dude I went to Wyotech with had a lowered/bagged S10, got pulled over once and the cop told him he needed "Ground clearance" so hit hit his switches and raised it up, the cop even posed for a picture lol...

Last time I had a cop hassle me about my exhaust, I got stopped in a parking lot one night and my car searched becuase "someone called in and said a car fitting your car's description was driving around pointing a gun at people" and since I had no guns in the car I let 'em poke through it, and he said my car sounded " a little loud" and looked underneath and saw my cherry bomb welded to the Y pipe and said I needed a muffler, I was like dude, that is a muffler down there, and then he was like "Well, you need a complete exhaust system"...

OH MY, I hope you are kidding, Phiz, he must be kidding!

Explain....."She' s the ducks guts" in American????

How about: "Pursuit Special on Metho, very toey" Or "How's the donk?"

Or "she's the town bike"

I love Aussieisms. (I recall explaining american biscuts & gravy once. "Why would you put gravy on a biscut!?" )

(OT Hijack, sorry.)

So last night I was driving sown to Illinois to help MileMaker strip down our parts car. I was in my 89' GL Turbo wagon. On a 55 mph back highway, a white Ford Taurus goes to pull out and pass me, and I think, naaaa....I don't think so. So I pounch it and fly up to about 80 and blast on down around a sweeping curve. I can see the car behind me a 1/2 mile or so still. Eventually we get to a stop sign. Car pulls up behind me, that's when I notice the second antenna, and the Saftey cage divider thing between his seats. $@!^#%@! Its an unmarked State Trooper! I've been racing away from a State Trooper! I stayed out of the throttle after that, and he never pulled me over. Eventually he passed me and moved on. I saw him a few minutes later in the next town. There where 3 cops that had a Cavalier stopped, drvier out, searching his car with a dog:eek: I am REALLY glad I didn't get stopped. I'd have had to hide the Air Conditioning:grin:

So last night I was driving sown to Illinois to help MileMaker strip down our parts car. I was in my 89' GL Turbo wagon. On a 55 mph back highway, a white Ford Taurus goes to pull out and pass me, and I think, naaaa....I don't think so. So I pounch it and fly up to about 80 and blast on down around a sweeping curve. I can see the car behind me a 1/2 mile or so still. Eventually we get to a stop sign. Car pulls up behind me, that's when I notice the second antenna, and the Saftey cage divider thing between his seats. $@!^#%@! Its an unmarked State Trooper! I've been racing away from a State Trooper! I stayed out of the throttle after that, and he never pulled me over. Eventually he passed me and moved on. I saw him a few minutes later in the next town. There where 3 cops that had a Cavalier stopped, drvier out, searching his car with a dog:eek: I am REALLY glad I didn't get stopped. I'd have had to hide the Air Conditioning:grin:

I still havent stopped laughing... :banana:

I have no idea how you guys equated "air conditioning" to what you're talking about, but I'll go with it :lol:

I can't stand it when I've gotta hide the a/c

the xt6 has some good spots but the new toyota pickup doesn't :-\

just drive safe and all is well, the cops hopefully won't want to bug you

I have no idea how you guys equated "air conditioning" to what you're talking about, but I'll go with it :lol:

I can't stand it when I've gotta hide the a/c

the xt6 has some good spots but the new toyota pickup doesn't :-\

just drive safe and all is well, the cops hopefully won't want to bug you

It was another thread where I mistakenly misinterpreted someone making a comment about law enforcement not liking the "custom air conditioning" on his car. HE meant the supercharger, but I read something ELSE into it. Gee, how could I have made THAT dumb mistake?? :rolleyes:

I come from a family of ahh.. "air conditioners" and we have all come up with all sorts of strange euphemisms. I wont get into any of that here...

• 6 years later...