Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AK and Canada representation at WCSS9

Okay, I know it's a few months before the show, but I thought I should get people thinking about this.

At this point, I'm about 90% certain that I'm going to be driving from Alaska down to WCSS9. Anybody from Alaska or Canada is more than welcome to meet up with me for the trip down. If you don't want to drive your car all the way, meet me along the way and I'll give you a ride, as a second driver would make the trip much easier from my standpoint.

It would be really awesome if we could get some more northerly people to make it to the show. Matt and I went to WCSS7, and I know we saw a handful of guys from B.C. there, which was very cool. I would like to improve upon that this year. If nothing else, it would be neat to meet up with some of you B.C.-ers for the trip from that point.

As far as a timeframe for the trip, I would probably be leaving from Haines, AK mid-day on tuesday and returning by the next tuesday. That's what I did last time, and it left plenty of leeway for breakdowns or other unforseeables. If you're coming from Anchorage or somewhere else in southcentral, I'd plan on leaving Monday afternoon and getting back on tuesday or wednesday.

Let me know if you're interested. Trust me, it's a fun drive that would be a lot more fun with a larger group. And hey, it's only a 4000 mile round trip:cool: .