Ultimate Subaru Message Board

light question

i was looking to get brighter bulbs for my 87 GL wagon. I am looking on ebay and i found a buld that puts out 135/125 watts while only drawing the normal 65/45. It is a 4800k bulb. Then i found another bulb that draws the same but puts out 7000k. What is the difference. Does the higher amount k equal more watts. I am lost and am wondering which bulb is better?

If'n I remember right, k is used to denote candle units. In laymen terms, it's basically a measurement of how many candles it would take to output the same amount of light. Or so the story goes... don't know what the official explanation is, but Google ought to be able to find it without too much effort.

if you want brighter lights that actually make a differerence, get white/blue fog lights.....

All those different color headlights dont really work all that well in the GL headlight Lenses. They block a lot of light..

Fog lights are as cheap as buying 2 of the Sylvania Silverstars or whatever tehy are called, and then you are actually adding more lights instead of just changing a bulb..

Easy place to put for lights on a 87.. The two front Oil pan Skid plate bolts.. Take those out, get longer ones and bolt down the fog light brackets with the longer bolt.. (no drilling required at all, takes 5 minutes to set up)