Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Outback accessories

Guest 1 Lucky Texan

Which accessories has anyone installed themselves on the '03 OBW vehicle?

I'm wondering about the dust deflector. How difficult a DIY job is it? Will ther be holes to drill in my car?

Also, which other Subie consoles (Legacy,Forester,etc.) use the the same armrest ext as the OB? Do you like it after you installed is?

If you've installed an acc. yourself, tell us which one and how the process went.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Guest Subie Gal

there are loads of em...

yes there's a bug deflector...

and it's a simple install.

no drilling.. just a couple of clips really :)

see: secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1483550&description=bug&catid=13029

they also make uprated sway bars, strut tower bars, suspension and more for the OBK.....

search: www.allsubaru.com for factory and aftermarket accessories.. and let me know if you have any questions.... happy to help....

jamie

www.subiegalracing.com

www.allsubaru.com

Guest 1 Lucky Texan

Thanx

I wonder if the dust deflector (not spoiler) for the rear on the wagon (OBW) is clipped on?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Guest spagemurray

I have rear spoiler on 00 OB. Console Box Extension, Rear Step Panel, rubber Cargo Tray, Mat Set Carpet, alarm, front & rear bumper corner guards, Bonnet Protector, Foglamp Protector, Headlamp Protector, Rear Seat Protector, Tail Gate Bar, Car Fridge. Console Box Extension a bit high for my liking, wouldn't buy again. Hope to get Cargo Barrier soon but A$727 it ain't cheap!

Guest 1 Lucky Texan

THANK YOU!

I wondered about that console box. I had considered it but it's pricey and I thought it looked tall. If you ever want to sell it cheap I might experiment with 'sectioning' a half inch or something outta the middle!

What's a rear seat protector?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Guest rem14

I bought a dust deflector and was going to install it myself but found that you need a threaded insert installation tool, which I don't have. You do need to drill four holes also. I took it to a body shop and they charged me about 40 bucks. The good news is that it does help a lot. Good luck!

Guest spagemurray

Rear seat protector is a rubberised cover for the whole OB back seat. Keeps kids/dogs nasties off the velour seats VERY useful indeed1