Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Momo steering wheel hub 7302 on Gen3 (EA82) Car?

Will the MOMO 7302 steering wheel hub adapter fit onto an EA82 car? Because 7303 (gen 3 EA82) is impossible to come by, but a 7302 (gen 1,2) can still be bought on ebay, and I didn't like the fit of the 7306 (impreza, legacy). I don't care if the horn bits don't connect, I just want to know if the 7302 hub have the same splines and shaft size as the EA82 cars? Will the hub slide onto the steering column all the way? I want to give it a try if nobody has tried before, but if it doesn't fit I am hoping somebody will buy the hub from me, because I can't afford to throw away any more money.

I read somewhere that there is a difference in the depth of the shank on the back of the wheels in the ea82 cars v. legacy/impreza but it will work.

Ya, I tried the 7306. The splines barely make contact, but it is enough to work (I guess). BTW, I tried to remove the 7306 after installing it and it wouldn't come off. I had to modify my steering wheel puller to fit inside the cage to pull it off. It bent the cage up before it finally poped off the steering column. Talk about a waste of $69. MOMO should be putting threaded holes in their hubs to accept the standard steering wheel pullers. The hubs are actually not supposed to be this hard to remove which further makes me believe that these 7306 hubs are not a good match for the EA82 cars.

Anyways, I am looking for a hub that would be a better match for the EA82 columns and was thinking that the 7302 might be a closer match than the 7306 since the EA81 cars are a closer match to EA82 cars than EA82 cars are to EJ cars. So does anybody know if the EA82 and EA81 columns are similar?

I just purchased a personal steering hub off ebay for 29 bucks. It comes with the pins to turn the turn signal off. Fits great and fits nardi or personal steering wheels which I must say are very nice and look just like a momo. You can buy an adapter to go from personal to momo bolt pattern. the part #4702 or old code #5910. very nice part. Hope this helps I love mine

I just purchased a personal steering hub off ebay for 29 bucks. It comes with the pins to turn the turn signal off. Fits great and fits nardi or personal steering wheels which I must say are very nice and look just like a momo. You can buy an adapter to go from personal to momo bolt pattern. the part #4702 or old code #5910. very nice part. Hope this helps I love mine

I haven't been able to find a personal steering hub off ebay that fits any subarus. Do you have a link?