Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

blast from the past

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 shift

shift

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • houston

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

so about a month or 2 ago, i decided to paint my car. but failed miserably because of funds. yesterday i got bored, so me and a friend worked on my car till 12 yesterday morning, hit the sack and woke up at 4 pm to hit it with a final clear coat. followed up by a wetsanding and wash. heres some of the pictures i was able to snap while working it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

final out come:

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope you enjoy! :banana:

#2 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,272 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

You stole my wagon!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Looks mighty fine!

:headbang:

#3 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,563 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

I am always impressed when people can do this kind of work in their garage at home. I never had a talent for body work.

nipper

#4 shift

shift

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • houston

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

I am always impressed when people can do this kind of work in their garage at home. I never had a talent for body work.

nipper

i just had alot of will and stamina. the work is nothing if you know what your doing.

#5 bratgrl

bratgrl

< My Latest Toy

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Riverton, Utah

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

:mad: I can't see the pictures What the h e double toothpicks.....All I get is a little square with a X I wanna see......:banghead: :banghead:

#6 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,299 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

:mad: I can't see the pictures What the h e double toothpicks.....All I get is a little square with a X I wanna see......:banghead: :banghead:

They work fine for me. Try right clicking on the x and clicking show picture, or refreshing the page.

BTW: We can say hell here...

#7 shift

shift

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • houston

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:31 AM

They work fine for me. Try right clicking on the x and clicking show picture, or refreshing the page.

hell? :confused:

#8 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,299 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

hell? :confused:

What the h e double toothpicks...

Yes, hell.

#9 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:12 AM

Mine's gonna get a nice purdy paint job too!

... once I get the rust fixed :mad:

#10 cricket

cricket

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Houston, Texas

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:12 PM

You stole my wagon!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Looks mighty fine!

:headbang:

Well, actually it looks more like my wagon!!! I'm curious, was this a rattle can job? Anyhow, it looks much better then before.

#11 shift

shift

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • houston

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

Well, actually it looks more like my wagon!!! I'm curious, was this a rattle can job? Anyhow, it looks much better then before.

no rattlecan. all gun fed and cost under 100 bux too

#12 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,299 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

no rattlecan. all gun fed and cost under 100 bux too

Did you use a base/clear paint or nason?

#13 shift

shift

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • houston

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

Did you use a base/clear paint or nason?

no i orimered it grey then i bondoed the stuff i needed to bondo and then sanded it and then painted it. did about 4 passes on the whole car and we didnt have any laquer so no laquer. but its shiny as hell since i wet sanded it. still spots that need attention

#14 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,299 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

no i orimered it grey then i bondoed the stuff i needed to bondo and then sanded it and then painted it. did about 4 passes on the whole car and we didnt have any laquer so no laquer. but its shiny as hell since i wet sanded it. still spots that need attention

I meant the paint you used. Is it a type that you spray on color coats, and then clear coat(base/clear). Or No clear required(nason). If you used a base/clear and didn't clear it will fade out quickly, but you'll not notice it as much with white, but will still happen. Nason type will keep it's shine for a good long time.

#15 bratgrl

bratgrl

< My Latest Toy

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Riverton, Utah

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

Well HELL,( hee hee, I said Hell:grin: ) this time the pictures worked just fine. Just took a little cussing to convince my computer to co-operate I guess. Nice paint job too. Sometimes the best work is done in a garage in the middle of the night....:banana:

#16 Mike Kamm

Mike Kamm

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Albany, NY

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:00 PM

Nice to see that there are still some people that are brave enough to repaint a car at home. I did my first [and only] full car repaint about 25 years ago in my garage. It was silver [a difficult color to spray I later found out]. I used acrylic laquer and then wet sanded and buffed it. It came out pretty nice although my bodywork on one of the quarter panels left alot to be desired. You see I stripped the car to bare metal and found prior accident damage on on side. There was literally two feet area of bondo. I was 17 and couldn't get an area that large flat again. I used to have some friends say "hey where's the surf board?" followed by, "I want to go surfing on all of those waves on your quarter panel!" :lol:

#17 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,881 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

Nice to see that there are still some people that are brave enough to repaint a car at home. I did my first [and only] full car repaint about 25 years ago in my garage. It was silver [a difficult color to spray I later found out]. I used acrylic laquer and then wet sanded and buffed it. It came out pretty nice although my bodywork on one of the quarter panels left alot to be desired. You see I stripped the car to bare metal and found prior accident damage on on side. There was literally two feet area of bondo. I was 17 and couldn't get an area that large flat again. I used to have some friends say "hey where's the surf board?" followed by, "I want to go surfing on all of those waves on your quarter panel!" :lol:

Also known as a happy car! It waves at you:lol:

#18 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,299 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

It was silver [a difficult color to spray I later found out].

I will NEVER paint another damned silver car. I don't care how much the offer is on it. I can paint black, andother "hard" color all day long. F*** silver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users