Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift Questions

Goatboy

In america for the EA-82 they have 2 or 3 three inch is 355 and if you send back your steering link you get 25 back, or at least you have in the past, go for the three with PK and you will never regret it, i have had one for over a year and love it, i havn't seen mudrats lifts in person but i can vouch for his quality and craftsmanship, i havn't heard of a dissatisfied customer of his, ever, so either way you will be garunteed to enjoy the lift, they are worth every penny.

word of caution the lift will not increase ground clearance but the bigger tires taht you can run will, 28's are about max with minor trimming, and peugot rims are the way to go for bigger wheels, stay away from the 309 metrics which are 15.3 inches, or you can redrill hubs or wheels to fit like toyota 6 bolts.

Oh - sorry - here's the link:

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo72

And here's some other shots:

http://usmb.net/gallery/albup19

John does a real good job - that I can vouch for - and tho I have not yet bought a PK lift, they are also extremely tough. Seen a lot of cars with his lifts.

If I were you I would talk to John first, since he's pretty much local for us. If you want to install it yourself, then I'm pretty sure he can just make up the kit, and you can go pick it up. Great thing is if you have any problems, he's not far away, and could correct it quickly.

GD

GeneralDisorder--What size lift was that? Are there any performance regrets? Also you mentioned removing the AC, that wasn't necessary was it?? How bad do the larger tires effect the day to day driveability? I have driven lifted Chevys with big old tires before. Up to 38 inchers. So I don't mean handeling. I mean power wise. I mean heck, my motorcycle has a bigger engine and produces more torque and HP then my Roo does.

btw: EA82 lift to Alaska was $400 bones... I had to spend about $50 extra dollars for extra bolts, lockwashers, washers, and nuts.

took about 8 hours with help from a friend who's not too mechanically inclined. I used hand tools as well.

And as you see in my signature, PKDavis is 'da man.