Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good price for 95 Legacy LS sedan?

I'm going to check out a 95 Legacy sedan next week and want to know if $2700 is a good price:

Hunter green

85000 original miles - owned by a lady who passed it to her son

Timing belts done 2 years ago when the car was at 65000

Oil changed every 3-5K

No engine/tranny issues - just passed NY inspection a month ago

No rust

Power package, moonroof, alloys

Sounds too good to be true, but I can't get any pictures - I will only know when I go see it. What is the lowest that I could go in terms of negotiations? The guy has 4 cars and needs to sell this one off.

If its LS than its awd 100%.

Oil changes in 3-5k intervals on a car making 7k a year is not a good thing - use that to lower the price :)

And be sure to check the usual spots - torque bind, tired struts, torn CV boots, leaking valve covers, sings of leaks around sunroof. Those might help lower the price even further.

Hate to pop the bubble, but $2500 is a lowball offer. If this car is as clean and maintained as you say, also being the last of the 2.2 N-Interference engines, I'd say it closer to the NADA book of $3700-$4000. People who maintain cars well, generally do so to preserve valve. If you paid $3700, You would still have a GREAT car a a good price.

If you offered me $2500, I'd say walk dude! But if you get it for that price it would be a GREAT deal!

Todd