Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82T Fuel injectors, Flow rate?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

Hey, I wanted to know if anyone has specs for the EA82T Fuel injector flow rate. And what are the rates of other types of injectors(280ZX,ZX Turbo) comonly swapped?

#2 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:37 PM

if i remember correctly, its pidly. like 185 or 158, or some patheric combination of those numbers. then again i might be wrong,just search around, there is a huge thread about the injuectos and their sizing and flow rates.

#3 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

185CC at 36 PSI, 100% duty cycle.

245CC at 45 PSI, 100% duty cycle.

#4 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:09 AM

okay, so how do I bump up my fuel pressure a bit. Different regulator? or perhaps a small *orifice* plug to restrict vaccum to the regulator?

#5 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

Its not worth it.

Ive done it on a dyno back to back and have not seen any changes.

#6 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

Well, I am gonna be running a Spyder intake and a small boost bump on the stock turbo(from 7psi up to about 9 or10). And a small TMIC from a Isuzu impulse. Other than that it will be stock for now.(thinking about 8.x compression pistons) Flow shouldn't be a problem yet. But I am going to use new/rebuilt injectors so I was wondering if it might be worth it to run an upgrade.

#7 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

No...9~10 psi with the stock header will be fine.

When going to the TWE header and all the other stuff (big TMIC, intake, big exhaust) the injectors will go static and you will run it dangerously lean past 5200 RPM. Ive seen this on the dyno.

With the stock header...up to 12 psi is safe that I have seen...even with big TMIC, intake and TWE downpipe...as long as you dont get boost creep. I have seen massively uncontrollable creep with JUST a TWE downpipe. You will need to port the wastegate opening if you get creep.

#8 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

No...9~10 psi with the stock header will be fine.

When going to the TWE header and all the other stuff (big TMIC, intake, big exhaust) the injectors will go static and you will run it dangerously lean past 5200 RPM. Ive seen this on the dyno.

With the stock header...up to 12 psi is safe that I have seen...even with big TMIC, intake and TWE downpipe...as long as you dont get boost creep. I have seen massively uncontrollable creep with JUST a TWE downpipe. You will need to port the wastegate opening if you get creep.

Is this reffering to a Stock 7.7 cr engine, or a hi-comp. You've talked of 50,000 miles on a hi-comp turbo? What cr? and what set-up(intake,ECU,Turbo,boost psi?) I am ready to install some pistons, and I need to make a descision on which to use. Would my Carb 9:1 cr pistons work?reliably? Building up with new rings and bearings obviously.

#9 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

ive run 20k miles on a 9.5:1 spfi bottom end, the rings started to fail at 19k, and by 20k it was 20psi compression all around.

Right now, the engine that made 165/225 to the wheels has about 50k miles.

When I had it, the engine was BONE STOCK in regards to internals. So it was 7.7:1 compression.

Mods:
TWE header
TWE Downpipe
STOCK turbo (VF7)
stock injectors
stock ECU
STi TMIC
basic 3 inch cone filter intake
2.5" exhaust from the downpipe back
14.5 PSI of boost. (yes, it ran LEAN past 5000)

If I were going to build a reliable boosted EA82, I'd use 8.0:1 forged pistons from the 4032 alloy (ram engine has .020" over size in stock for $550 with new rings/pins/clips). Otherwise, use the stock cast 7.7:1 pistons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users