Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ellensburg area?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SubaruWagon87

SubaruWagon87

>mfw

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Ellensburg, WA

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:30 PM

does anyone (other than subaruguru) ever go up in the hills north of ellensburg? i've only been up a couple of times, but it would be interesting to see if any other usmb'ers go.

#2 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

I'm a Seattle guy, but I used to like playing up in them thar hills. Mountain biking, fly fishin', just drivin' around...it's all good especially in the spring time. A nice sunday drive with the lady is Swauk pass to Mission Ridge then down to Wenatchee. More offroadsy, those canyons north of Eburg and up to Colockum Pass. Seems like Cook canyon was about the only one open most of the time. There was other roads roads up canyons but the gates were usually closed.
South of Eburg, I've had some fun adventure drives up Umtanum Ridge. This time of year, if the snow is melted, there should be lots of flowers and good views. My Bro' was over there today in fact, hiking Umtanum Canyon. Very popular hike these days.

#3 SubaruWagon87

SubaruWagon87

>mfw

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Ellensburg, WA

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

Going up the end of Reecer creek road is pretty fun stuff. I was up there with a couple of friends today, and we spent a good 4 hours drivin around. We would have gone further up, but we ran into big snow piles blocking the road. I'm sure in a couple of months it'll be clear. As for cook canyon, I haven't been up there for about 5 years, I went with my dad once in the summer, and once in the winter on snowmobiles, and I was impressed with the canyon. I'm hoping to get some friends together and taking an all day trip up there. I haven't been in the hills south of e-burg except for once, and I only went about 6 miles up manastash to a friends cabin.

#4 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

the liberty area just west of you is good wheeling. get ahold of the manashtash ranger district for maps of several hundred miles of 4x4 trails

#5 SubaruWagon87

SubaruWagon87

>mfw

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Ellensburg, WA

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

I've known about Liberty being good wheelin territory, but I haven't ventured that far yet. I guess memorial day weekend there is supposed to be a huge off road rally, with some 400 vehicles attending.
Rooinater, thanks for the info, I'm going to have to check that out

#6 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

http://www.fs.fed.us...-orv/index.html
here's some info on the cle elum area and some printable maps.

#7 SubaruWagon87

SubaruWagon87

>mfw

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Ellensburg, WA

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

thanks rooinater, those will probably come in handy!

#8 subaruguru

subaruguru

Scammer

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

yeah im looking farward to the liberty run that will be a blast hope to have my sube ready but if not im just gona have to take the isuzu see ya diablo :burnout: Rob

#9 SubaruWagon87

SubaruWagon87

>mfw

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Ellensburg, WA

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

Oh whatever, my Blazer's gonna walk all over that wimpy thing :grin:

#10 subaruguru

subaruguru

Scammer

• Members