Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2007 outback legacy just died

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1995SubaruImpreza

1995SubaruImpreza

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Ontario

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help...
I do not have all of the details but apparently My uncle's brand new subaru outback (less than 700kms) just died... He had the cruise control set and all the sudden it started to accelorate then started going quite slow the check engine and service engine light came on then all the lights lit up on the dash and it just completely shut down. They had to have it towed to the subaru dealer and apparently from the time it ws there the dealer could not figure out what was wrong and it was running fine. The dealer put the key in the ignition and it satarted up fine and ran fine, he gave it back and said it must have been a computer malfunction and it shoudn't happen again

#2 tcspeer

tcspeer

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • Walnut Springs

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

Didn't the dealer check to see if there was a code left when the check engine light came on? If not you might have him get that checked.

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help...
I do not have all of the details but apparently My uncle's brand new subaru outback (less than 700kms) just died... He had the cruise control set and all the sudden it started to accelorate then started going quite slow the check engine and service engine light came on then all the lights lit up on the dash and it just completely shut down. They had to have it towed to the subaru dealer and apparently from the time it ws there the dealer could not figure out what was wrong and it was running fine. The dealer put the key in the ignition and it satarted up fine and ran fine, he gave it back and said it must have been a computer malfunction and it shoudn't happen again

#3 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

lost voltage suddenly?

#4 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

inaccurate reading of the petrol gauge
wilst climbing a grade?

#5 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:59 PM

Not sure how much this will help but I know I've seen at least one post like this somewhere for an '07....maybe on another board...com'n brain think... :banghead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users