Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all, I searched high and low across the board for info on this, and didn't find any... so if you know, let me in on it...

I've got a 97 legacy L with a mildly lower rear than front. No big deal, except I put GT fitment tires on slightly offset wheels and now the tires rub on the rear fenders even though I rolled the lip. Just barely :-\

So I want to lift the back an inch. Cheap. Have any of you used these spacers before, and with what success?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MRG%2D1285&N=700+115&autoview=sku

If not those, do any of you know how the spring diam. compares to chevy or ford or toyota stuff? They make specific, much nicer spacers for those applications but not know the spring diameter ( even of the legacy! Best I've found is 5.25", but I don't know if that's inside, outside or center).

I'm also putting in an 18mm sway bar, so yall can avoid that suggestion now.

Thanks!

I had a 2000 2.5 RS and I was rubbing in the rear also. I went to schucks and picked up a couple of there spring spacers. They where shaped like an H. they would work good for a while a then they would kick out and I would lose them but they were so cheap that I just went back and got more.

Hope this helps.

Looks like the same product listed here:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Browse/tf-Browse/s-10101/N-111+10201+600003419/c-10101

Although the description references "front", so I'm not sure if that means they are not suitable for the rear. They also have these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MRG%2D1287&N=700+400330+4294925130+115&autoview=sku

First 2 listed items from JCWhitney look interesting as I am also contemplating a slight rear lift on my Subaru. Also would like to hear from anyone who has done this before:

(1) How difficult would it be to place the rubber donuts on the bottom side of the coil?

(2) Rubber would eventually need to be replace?

(3) I read tidbits on these, and the one complaint is that people eventually lose these - could a couple of small holes drilled thru the side and zip-ties slipped thru and around the coil work as a solution?

(4) Using either of these options, will an alignment need to be done?

Inquiring minds want to know...:confused:

I haven't used them before but might consider it for a lifting effect. I have replaced struts and springs and their related rubber parts and mounts before.

1. I don't know if these would work at the very bottom if that's what you mean like between the spring and seat. The bottom spring seat is usually tapered not flat like the top.

2. Well rubber would probably eventually deterioriate, just like the other parts in the struts do eventually.

3. Zip ties might work not sure if they'd eventually wear out though.

4. Camber might be off a little bit I guess.

(1) How difficult would it be to place the rubber donuts on the bottom side of the coil?

(2) Rubber would eventually need to be replace?

(3) I read tidbits on these, and the one complaint is that people eventually lose these - could a couple of small holes drilled thru the side and zip-ties slipped thru and around the coil work as a solution?

(4) Using either of these options, will an alignment need to be done?

• 10 months later...