Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front Wheels Camber

OK,

I have a 1980 Brat 4wd, The right front wheel is nearly 90° to the pavment. The left front wheel is farther out on the bottom of the tire than the top (leaning in toward the engine). measuring at the top fo the tire, one tire sits 1" out farther than the other side. (i'll put pictures up soon)

The right front fender has been rebent back in place by others before I bought the car, (i think it was wrecked a little at one point.)

So looking at the brat the only way to fix camber is to have my body shop pull / push the strut tower mount (as in bend the frame) to get the camber corrected.

Is my thinking correct??? Or could the strut just be bent out of shape as well?

Not that this camber issue bothers me much, but it would be nice in the new tires i bought would wear evenly.

Thanks.

Also, My brat looks much better now. Got some 14" x 6" PUG wheels from a 505???? (what ever that is) from a nice guy in Washington State. Put much better tires on the Brat today. now it looks good, and the tires "fill up" the wheel wells a little better, but still plenty of clearance. I will put pictures of before and after up soon.

-Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Windshield gasket payment taken care of?

Sorry Dan,but this needs to be addressed.We run a good board and do a lot to help each other.Just want to make sure a GREAT guy like Todd is covered.There's a waiting list and commitment date has past.

I really don't want to post here but you told me before that you were going to see Todd and take care of it and that never happened as of the last time I talked to Todd.

Accept my apology,please if you have indeed paid.Todd didn't do a spreadsheet for this batch so I have no update on payments as of this moment.

Windshield gasket payment taken care of?

Sorry Dan,but this needs to be addressed.We run a good board and do a lot to help each other.Just want to make sure a GREAT guy like Todd is covered.There's a waiting list and commitment date has past.

I really don't want to post here but you told me before that you were going to see Todd and take care of it and that never happened as of the last time I talked to Todd.

Accept my apology,please if you have indeed paid.Todd didn't do a spreadsheet for this batch so I have no update on payments as of this moment.

I just contacted Todd via email. Sorry have been to busy for my own good. Thanks.

-Daniel

Make sure your struts are not bent. I've had a couple of older soobs bend the struts right where it goes into the knuckle assembly. I think it rusts out internally right there and becomes a weak spot.

Ya, I will look into it, I dont think mine is rusted as my car is a texas car, but it very well could be bent. Thanks.

-Daniel