Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

exhaust header question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 playa4real9

playa4real9

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Troy

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

i have a 89 xt6, was wondering if the exh mani were close to the xt 4 cyl or 2.5 rs

#2 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

XT4's weather they are turbo or not only have 1 exhaust port each side. So they wouldn't work.
Not sure about any others. But I doubt it. What do you want to do? Bigger? Custom isn't hard to make/get made for these flat engines.

#3 playa4real9

playa4real9

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Troy

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

found a stainless header for a 2.5rs and it looked similar, wonderin how hard or even worth it to get it fabbed up

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,802 posts
  • WV

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

no, nothing is worth messing with to try and get to fit. it's all different. i have a set of custom pipes and the original receipt to have them made was $250 or so...not much at all to just have a custom one made. take an original XT6 header and have them use the original mounts and fab up a new one.

for what it's worth you saw mine at XT6.net...it added nothing so i wouldn't be too excited about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users