Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA81 Fender Flairs?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wicked_36

Wicked_36

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Larimore

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

Just a shot in the dark. Anyone know of any available fender flairs for an 86 gl hatchback? Or anything that could be retrofitted? I am lifting my hatch and running 16x7" wheels. The offset is perfect, but that other 2" will be protruding. I'm sure it will look fine, but some flairs would look fantastic.
Thanks

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,121 posts
  • WA

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:53 PM

My contribution to the art of redneck engineering.
http://www.ultimates...t=fender flares

#3 Wicked_36

Wicked_36

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Larimore

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Nicely done. I was thinking of something more orthodoxed. But that is deliciously redneck.

#4 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

I've said it before in another thread but I'll say it again. In 4WD shops (in Australia at least) you can buy 4WD fender flairing rubber. It comes in strips and uses a wire inside the outter edge to hold it on a good curve. Might be a good idea to check it out. Although here it cost about $150 to do a car, which is way over priced I thinks.

#5 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,639 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

Although here it cost about $150 to do a car, which is way over priced I thinks.

:eek: $150.00, even is OZ bucks that's pretty steep ... flares with flair, no doubt.

#6 El Toro

El Toro

BIG DADDY ED

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Kitsap co.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

try the ones off of a 80ish jetta. gave me the coverage i needed and they look good!http://www.ultimates...nt&limit=recent

#7 75subie

75subie

I`m sold on Subaru

• Members
  • 3,908 posts
  • Walden

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

flexy flares ftw

#8 Wicked_36

Wicked_36

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Larimore

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

I appreciate all the help. I'll weigh the options and come up with something. Lift kit going in this weekend. Pics will folow.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users