Ultimate Subaru Message Board

215/75-15 General Grabber AT2 on my lifted OBS

Hondaslayer

That does it, my bumper is definitely getting chopped off.

Looks sweet! I think the black rims really dress it up. How big do those measure out to? They look like a 28-29, judging by how hard it was to cram 27s under my imp. I'm really fearing for my clutch. A D/R is gonna be necessary if I'm gonna try to offroad it.

That does it, my bumper is definitely getting chopped off.

Looks sweet! I think the black rims really dress it up. How big do those measure out to? They look like a 28-29, judging by how hard it was to cram 27s under my imp. I'm really fearing for my clutch. A D/R is gonna be necessary if I'm gonna try to offroad it.

I think it was 28 and some change.

4EAT with the 4x4 lock switch :)

I'll have to check it out, I'm already on NASIOC, SF.org (vendor and member), LGT.com,DirtyImpreza.com etc.......... :lol:

watch out for the 4x4 switch on the 4eat, it has a tendoncy to burnout stuff... and i'm guessing that youre' going to be romping on it pretty hard... get a tranny cooler before it's too late, or you'll suffer the same fait that the 4eat in my OBS did :Flame:

and when you're offroading... after big hills & nasty stuff, let it cool a little... i went out one day and managed to get a little atf burn at the end of a hill :eek:

so, get the biggest tranny cooler you can find (i used the RV one.. heh...), and make sure to check if the 4x4 switch is locked up... because it is pretty easy to miss if you don't really watch what it's doing.

and 4x4 + pavement = burnt out tranny :-\

I have a tranny cooler ready to install (oe Subaru for a Tribeca)

It is getting mounted under the hood scoop (gotta make it functional)

This was supposed to be a DD so my Forester does not get thrashed on and I'm already buidling a new higher power engine (shooting for 190hp NA from a 2.5)

I have a tranny cooler ready to install (oe Subaru for a Tribeca)

It is getting mounted under the hood scoop (gotta make it functional)

This was supposed to be a DD so my Forester does not get thrashed on and I'm already buidling a new higher power engine (shooting for 190hp NA from a 2.5)

very nice...i like it

Sweetness! I love your beast! The bumper is awesome!!! I suggest using syn. ATF works for me...trans cooler is also good. change your ATF often!!! especially if your AT light comes on ...change it plus the filter! You'll thank me later...

nice work!:grin:

Get more lift or get creative with a sawzall :grin: (a set of SG struts would help too ;) )

Yep, the SG rear struts have more tire clearance, but they have less travel than the SF struts. Without a locker or even a decent LSD, articulation (or lack thereof) is what limits my Forester's trail-ability. So I opted for more articulation!

Yep, the SG rear struts have more tire clearance, but they have less travel than the SF struts. Without a locker or even a decent LSD, articulation (or lack thereof) is what limits my Forester's trail-ability. So I opted for more articulation!

I did not have a choice when it came to more articulation, my swaybar missed the mount by a good inch!

• 6 months later...

Well, I done killed it good.

298k on it.

I had recently installed my big engine (EJ25, ported heads, delta cams, polished and ported everything) and was driving up to the Lake Superior Pro rally in Houghton Michigan. The car was running great until about 11 hrs into the trip. On a steeper uphill between Negaunee and Ishpeming (can ya tell I was in da UP?) the front differential locked up and came apart (put a piece through the case :-\ )

Fortunately my boss was coming up and only a few hours behind me. We pulled as much as we could with hand tools and had a spare set of junks wheels / tires sent from home.

I salvaged the wheels and tires, cams, radiator and hoses, radio, roof basket, spare, and all my various goodies that could be removed. Sold her to the scrap yard for $100 :-\

Fortunately the wife and I were able to still enjoy our weekend (got a courtesy car from a local body shop, I could not thank them enough) and rode home with the boss.

Picked up a 1996 Legacy Outback from our used lot. Total for the car $351.90 with tax and plate transfer fee :grin: and this one is a manual trans (albeit with a binding centre diff)

In a decade of owning Subaru this is the first one to leave me stranded, just goes to show how tough these cars are :grin:

Time to embark on a new project, certainly liking the Legacy Outback so far :burnout:

-Ben

Well, I done killed it good.

298k on it.

I had recently installed my big engine (EJ25, ported heads, delta cams, polished and ported everything) and was driving up to the Lake Superior Pro rally in Houghton Michigan. The car was running great until about 11 hrs into the trip. On a steeper uphill between Negaunee and Ishpeming (can ya tell I was in da UP?) the front differential locked up and came apart (put a piece through the case :-\ )

Fortunately my boss was coming up and only a few hours behind me. We pulled as much as we could with hand tools and had a spare set of junks wheels / tires sent from home.

I salvaged the wheels and tires, cams, radiator and hoses, radio, roof basket, spare, and all my various goodies that could be removed. Sold her to the scrap yard for $100 :-\

Fortunately the wife and I were able to still enjoy our weekend (got a courtesy car from a local body shop, I could not thank them enough) and rode home with the boss.

Picked up a 1996 Legacy Outback from our used lot. Total for the car $351.90 with tax and plate transfer fee :grin: and this one is a manual trans (albeit with a binding centre diff)

In a decade of owning Subaru this is the first one to leave me stranded, just goes to show how tough these cars are :grin:

Time to embark on a new project, certainly liking the Legacy Outback so far :burnout:

-Ben

sorry to hear about the OBS. I would like to know if you had Forester struts-Iirc that give us about 3-4 inches? And what all did you need to lift it up?