Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what if.....

hrmmmm not a bad idea. Like a quick release like on the air filter housing box thingy. How it has those clips and you just go *pop* and it comes off.........Any more input would be helpful because I am actually thinking about making these if there are enough of a demand for them.

Originally posted by Qman

The purpose of the covers is to keep debris out of the belts and tensioners. They should only be opened when doing the belts and waterpump.

Just my opinion.

Exactly! Thats why I asked that all the seals be kept on them. I go through LOTS of puddles on undeveloped side streets delivering pizza and my car needs all the protection it can get :D

i'd go for a set of aluminum covers, fronts, and backs, seals are a must to keep junk outa there, quick release would be awsome too.. the idea about the middle piece would also work for me..

i spring for a couple ea-82 sets.. i'm bettin scrapdaddytatum would go for a few himself, he's always checkin on covers that are good, this would solve his woes too..