Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ski wagon

I don't think there was a STD wagon...

80-81 had the large rectanglular headlights, and 82 4wd's as well.

the 2wd 82 DL's had the large ones, and the 2wd 82 GL was the first to have the quad small rectangular lights....

here's the 1980 Brochure .

only thing with large round was the hatch (in the gen2 body) Brat still had 'em....

http://usmb.net/gallery/album72/1980_b

Which one Zap? The Bottom or the top? It's always confusing cause somtimes people call the large sqaure ones "round" cause they are sort of oblong shaped really.

This brochure only shows the DL with the large square ones. It's STD model has the round ones, and 4WD too!

I really want a STD hatch just so I can have those headlights! They looks so cool.

GD

The STD was a stripped down DL. I had one. The DL in 80 and 81 had the round lights, the GL had square ones. Quad lights I think appeared in 82 on GL 2WD models (My 82 sedan that used to be 2WD has quad lights, but I've seen 4WD wagons with the single square lights) and 83 and 84 the DL had the square lights, and the GL had the quad lights, STD retained the round up until 1988 when they quit making the hatches.

Huh! Sweet - I LOVE that grill and headlights. Got to find me a DL or STD with that setup.

Thanks for that link Hog - didn't see that one.

I would really like a STD hatch for my next off-roader. I like the fact that there's no side molding, and no extra's. Dont need all that stuff. I'll just install a tach, and an oil pressure guage (I feel that the idiot light is not enough given the age of the vehicle). I have strange fondness for the DL dash.....

GD