Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's in your offroad squad? (56k no way)

tsutomu

hi guys. i was just wondering what rigs you guys 4-Bi with.

(pics would be great)

we have:

1983 subaru brat d/r

DSC06099.jpg?t=1177716420

1986 SPOA lift

zook.jpg?t=1177716519

and a 1982 amc eagle with "ram air" snorkle and jeep grand cherokee engine swap (not current picture)

l_82d0540a96356e42abeda393757975af.jpg

Sorry no pics of my friends buddies rigs.

1987 SUBARU GL EJ22 Wagon(Dead for the time being)

19XX Ford Bronco-351 swap

1985 Chevy/GMC S-15 on 33's

19XX Ford Ranger on 36" TSL's locked at both ends

2003 Ford Superduty Diesel

My subaru plays well with big toys.

Whats that brush guard from?

On the Eagle.

the brushguard was from a toyota landcruiser, it was going to go on my brat but then i found one that wouldnt weigh down my front end as much.

and im not sure what cherokee engine is in it

Okay, 56k killer coming...

My 89 GL wagon, stock. Daily driver, but quite often my days include this road.subarusnow.jpg

My 82 GL wagon (pics from today -- stock with crappy tires right now, though its getting a lift soon, can't believe I actually made it up some of the rocky sections without blowing any tires out. I also went through a puddle deep enough that I flooded the passenger side floor)

subaru1.jpg

subaru2.jpg

subaru3.jpg

My '76 Ford Sasquatch (solid axle goodness :))

sasquatch.jpg

and my '84 turbodiesel mitsubishi pickup (yes, I'm dragging logs out of the woods with it)

mitsubishi.jpg

And it wouldn't be complete without the VW GTI...

Just kidding:lol: But, actually I do take it on some pretty bad dirt roads sometimes. I need to get a skid plate for it -- I busted the oil pan and an engine mount last summer. It's got a diesel engine, so the torque is really good, and it's so small that you can get it places people wouldn't think.

rabbit.jpg

And my friends have a discovery landrover, a 1980 Scout (doesn't have the subtlety of a subaru, but makes up for it with brute force), and a 1974 FJ cruiser.

I'm assuming this is for mates cars as well, not just your own?

Well heres a line up of all my 4WDing mates weapons.

loveday_trip_16-04-07_lineup2.jpg

From left to right:

Toyota Land Crusier 100 series, 4.5L Petrol, Auto, live front axle, warn out Kumho AT's, stock as a rock.

Toyota Hilux 3.0L Turbo Diesel, IFS, Bridgestone Desert Dualers, stock as a rock too.

Daihatsu Feroza, 1.6L Petrol, IFS, live rear, new Kumho AT's, Stock as a rock again.

Subaru Brumby, EJ22, FT4WD with center diff lock, 27" Kumho M/T's, open front and rear diffs, 2" exhaust.

Subaru L-series 88 wagon, EA82 with weber, 26" Goodyear Wrangler TG's, welded rear diff.

Although, the Cruiser is my mates parents car, not his.

I've got a 92 Dodge Ram that I usally take in the mountains, since my 82 4x4 is currently dead.

Is that GTI with the diesel engine, by chance a GTD? Or did someone swap the diesel into it? I heard about the GTD when I had my Rabbit, supposedly they had a 120 HP intercooled turbodiesel, instead of the non-turbo 53 HP that the regular diesel rabbits had.. I miss that car (Esp. with gas being $3.17 at Arco here...)

Is that GTI with the diesel engine, by chance a GTD? Or did someone swap the diesel into it? I heard about the GTD when I had my Rabbit, supposedly they had a 120 HP intercooled turbodiesel, instead of the non-turbo 53 HP that the regular diesel rabbits had.. I miss that car (Esp. with gas being $3.17 at Arco here...)

Nope -- the GTD was never sold in the US. I just put the engine from an '88 diesel jetta in it. It sort of sucks on hills on the highway, but other than that, reaching 85mph is not that hard. Average 40+mpg even with hard driving though.

I offroad my black Brat, and Wagon(its gettin a 4 inch lift in a couple months)

Bratcrew001.jpg

Soob030.jpg

R.I.P. "tHE Hatch" :(

Soob032.jpg

Buuuuut now! I getta roll next to this! EA71-81, 4in. lift with 30x9.5's! don't act like you're not impressed.

Bratcrew004.jpg

R.I.P. the "White Wagon" aka "Wag" but EA81 comeing soon as a replacement.

subaruandhonda.jpg

I think most of you guys just don't get the point of this thread. He means WHO do you roll with, not WHAT DO YOU DRIVE AND HOW MANY PICS OF YOUR OWN CAR CAN YOU POST?

Great job reposting all those pics of yourselves though. 30.gifawesomework.gifsignhijacked.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Anyways. It varies these days for me, but it tends to look like this.

crew.jpg

I think most of you guys just don't get the point of this thread. He means WHO do you roll with, not WHAT DO YOU DRIVE AND HOW MANY PICS OF YOUR OWN CAR CAN YOU POST?

Great job reposting all those pics of yourselves though. 30.gifawesomework.gifsignhijacked.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Anyways. It varies these days for me, but it tends to look like this.

crew.jpg

lol... but it always varies, and i wheel a lot with random people down here... :rolleyes:

Hey Zap,

your truck is shrinking! :eek: have you been feeding it well? :-p

hi guys. i was just wondering what rigs you guys 4-Bi with.

(pics would be great)

Hey zap, I read that as "What vehicles do you guys use to go four wheeling (offroad) with." Everyone of [HTi]Dain's pics was the vehicles of people who he goes offroading with, except the black brat and the tan wagon, those were his. But, we now know that you have selective reading and chose to flame a member for an innocent post. Maybe he meant "Let me see some pictures of the vehicles you four wheel with that are your friends, not your's." THEN that would have been more clear. However, why would he want to see just your buddy's rig?

Oh, and I like the emiticons. The first one is implying that he is a loser.

And, if you want to talk about thread highjacking, talk to rooinater about his comment on the brat. This thread wasn't to critique people's rides, just to see them. That is a hijack.

I feel like I should post the pics of the people I offroad with:

Here's [HTi]Dain's Brat, he does light offroading with it.

Bratcrew001.jpg

Here's Dain's wagon, stock but it still kicked rump roast.

Soob030.jpg

Savage's hatch. It's busted up, he rolled it on a gravel road. It still showed how great Subaru's were but never letting us down. Stock too.

Soob032.jpg

Here's Savage's brat, I fabricated most the lift for it.

Bratcrew004.jpg

There, those are the vehicles of friends that I offroad with. None are mine.

And the Quote "Don't act like your not impressed." Is from Anchorman. Not meant to mean anything.

Let's just get along, the mere argument that he supposedly "reposted" pics that were from a different thread is stupid. Maybe you should talk to the original poster for not using the search function, you guys do that to everyone in the new and old gen forums.

[HTi]Johnson

Hey Zap,

your truck is shrinking! :eek: have you been feeding it well? :-p

Yeah, it's always the smallest one at the park. Keep in mind it's open too. :-p

I like bringing a knife to a gun fight, if you know what I mean. tooth.png

Here's a highjack for ya. You still got your old birfs? Give em' up. I need one, or will soon.