Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bent Brat Restoration

I now have Jerry's old brat. Pretty well known in the Pac NW. Around May it was rear ended by a Pizza delivery guy that wasn't paying attention.

My friend Joe drove it back from Washington for me and it made the 1800 mile trip without a problem...before we even began to fix it.

Today I picked it up from the frame shop. They set the frame back to original specifications and much of the damage that was done in the accident has "popped" back to looking normal.

Before:

P0002195.jpg

P0002197.jpg

After:

P0002220.jpg

P0002217.jpg

Next step is to replace the tailgate and then try to get it inspected and titled.

$320.30 for the computerized straightening which was 5 hours labor.

The cost varies depending on how far off it is and how hard the rack is to hook up to the vehicle due to how bent it is if I understood right.

I like yours Mick, but I don't want one JUST like it cuz then it wouldn't be unique. I like that yours has 110,000 less miles on it though! When (if) this engine wears out I will put the super quiet 94k motor out of the 84 wagon in it, or I will put an ea81T in it.

This weekend I am going to put my alloy wagon wheels on it and see how that looks.

Thats about what I figured my Pick-up would be. $300-$400 but it needs a $150 altenator and Battery too. Also a replacement tire and wheel that it lost when it went against the 12 inch curb. Going to be close to a grand to get it back on the road. So it sits awhile longer and I bought a $400 '85 GL D/R 4X4 Wagon instead of fixing the truck. Works out for me. Less Money, better car and the truck was my wife's, she wrecked it and I get to buy a soob out of the deal!!! Sweet huh?

-- GoatBoy --

Hey Brian This is Jerry, the guy that hit me was in a 92 toyota pickup. He was going 45mph and he didn't even see me at all. I was stop wateing for traffic. I seen him comming but there was nothing i could do. If i didn't have the rear disc on i would have hit the car in front of me. The guy didn't try to stop because he was looking for a house adddress thats what he said. BTW it was day light at the time. Thanks Jerry