Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all! I have a 2004 subaru legacy sedan with a omega remote start from the factory and I have developed a rather wierd problem. You have to press the button on the remote twice for it to start, well I push the button twice within five seconds like you are supposed to do and when I do you can hear it click like the car is going to turn over and the lights come on and then it wont turn over, well this has become a intermintant problem. So I wondering if anyone has any answers to this question I can pretty much say the dealer is going to fix it but I was hoping to get a base idea problem for this issue.

That's your starter not getting enough go-juice.

check your battery terminal connections, clean them up real nice, and then tighten them down pretty good. Sometimes the connections will just loosen up on their own.

or... should i ask.. can you start the car at all?

If it turns over fine with the key its the remote starter.

nipper

Do you much about these remote starters at all? The dealer has to get back to me on this issue, I am not happy that it is happening. I woull appreciate any iformation you have have. thanks

That's your starter not getting enough go-juice.

check your battery terminal connections, clean them up real nice, and then tighten them down pretty good. Sometimes the connections will just loosen up on their own.

or... should i ask.. can you start the car at all?

Hi the battery terminals are fine and I had cleaned them up before a week ago. I can start the car without any problem at all. It's a wierd situation. The remote starter has issues I would guess.

Do you much about these remote starters at all? The dealer has to get back to me on this issue, I am not happy that it is happening. I woull appreciate any iformation you have have. thanks

This is not my strongpoint. i have installed remote starters before and never came across this. It can be poor connection at a Tap someplace.

nipper

This is not my strongpoint. i have installed remote starters before and never came across this. It can be poor connection at a Tap someplace.

nipper

Thanks for getting back to me! What is a tap? I never heard of it, I thought it could of been a fuse, or perhaps or a relay. What do you think of those possibilities? Hit me back and let me know. I also wanted to know have you heard of these omega car starters? Subaru had them available to subaru of new england dealers but I had heard there were problems with them though.

I don't know much about the remote, and I'm learning more about Subaru's, but starters are pretty simple. If there is a voltage drop to the starter it won't have enough juice to kick in. If you can find the switch that the remote triggers, work your way down the circuit with a voltmeter. The connection where you find the drop is the culprit. Include the fuses, the switch itself, etc. Another option is to rig a jumper and bypass each component of the circuit one by one until it works. As long as there aren't multiple failure points this will find the problem also. I don't know what the voltage specs are for the Subaru starters, but you can find out what 'Normal' is by testing it while someone starts it successfully with the key.

Be sure it hasn't ever happened with the key in. If it's happened even once suspect the starter contacts. Mine just stuck in my Toyota. Starter was running with the engine and key off...bad situation.

I don't know much about the remote, and I'm learning more about Subaru's, but starters are pretty simple. If there is a voltage drop to the starter it won't have enough juice to kick in. If you can find the switch that the remote triggers, work your way down the circuit with a voltmeter. The connection where you find the drop is the culprit. Include the fuses, the switch itself, etc. Another option is to rig a jumper and bypass each component of the circuit one by one until it works. As long as there aren't multiple failure points this will find the problem also. I don't know what the voltage specs are for the Subaru starters, but you can find out what 'Normal' is by testing it while someone starts it successfully with the key.

Be sure it hasn't ever happened with the key in. If it's happened even once suspect the starter contacts. Mine just stuck in my Toyota. Starter was running with the engine and key off...bad situation.

Thanks for responding! The subaru dealer I go to is looking into the situation for me and I have to make a apt with them as soon as they get back to me. I don't want to get into wiring myself touchy there for sure. I don't know about this issue it is rather odd though the car is a 2004 and the romote came from subaru, my warranty should cover it hopefully.