Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PA (eastern) YARD RUN*****CANCELLED*****see page 3 scroll down

I'll get a final OK on a date from "the boss" tomorrow.But meanwhile I know for sure that it'll be either Sat. Dec.6th or Sat. Dec 13th.

First yard for me will be Faust in Allentown(9AM SHARP!!!!),then the one you guys mentioned between A-town and Hazelton(at least by 12 noon),then on to Harry's in Hazelton where they're open untill 4PM and they'll be driving us out with sticks,pitchforks,and torches....right to a local watering hole for a quick breaking of bread and quenching of thirst.

Wagon78 has already stated he'll bring his full size p/u truck and I'll probably just ride along and split the gas money.Anyone else from CT or close by can hook up.Gotta leave Fairfield area by 6AM to make it for 9AM at Faust.

Who's down?Who's a clown?...besides me.:bday:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be able to make it on the 6th, not sure about the 13th. On the 6th my dad and I are planning on going down to VA to:

-Pick up my wheels from PhatBrat

-Pick up my GL-10 seats and hubcaps from TROGDOR!

-Pick up his sandblasting cabinet

-Pick up a D/R wagon? for Moosens?

Paul and Trogdor, you both have PMs.

i agree with steve , i Really Want to go to this too , they way it looks ill have to work the 13th ,ill try to get it off ,i dont work the 6th , but with steve graduateing from college ( congrats you lucky bastard ) :) the 13 would be the better date to go , il make sure some how that i can go to this.

mabey by then i can bring the XT-6 :)

I was just up at EZ Pull (New Ringgold today). It rocked!!! Still have 10 or so XTs, couple Turbos with spiders, an XT6, lots of EA-82 (1/2 turbos) including an RX that looks pretty complete and maybe 8 EA-81s. Justy's galore INCLUDING one with PERFECT FRONT SEATS!!!!! Nothing newer than a gen 1 Legacy though.

I picked up an XT6 radio, the console trim (WITHOUT A CRACK IN IT), the steering column cover, another trip computer, 4 factory XT floormats and an alternator all for $30. The guy I was with picked up 4 nice 13 inch alloys for $60.

Prices rock compared to Harry's as does the selection. They even have a $10 lot that you can take anything you can carry out! There is also an auction next Saturday so moosens will be leaving there in a beautiful Teal Justy with graffics on the side for $115.

I'm busy until like 1 but might meet you at EZ if you go that route. MUCH BETTER THAN HARRY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!! Nice haul for the price. Harry's alloys are also $15 a wheel.Last time I was there I passed on the Rally wheels for $60.

This place sounds great though.And,gotta be less undesireables than at Harry's.

Hopefully we blow through Faust in A-town quickly and get plenty of time at Ringgold.

Cool cool cool,can't wait to get together and bust some knuckles with the boyz.

Andrew,there's your directions buddy.Prunt them and tote them along.See you there!

Can someone take Chris' sister to the Seal concert?:-)

Anyone taking this run and feels like making a couple extra bucks - I've got a request for some parts for an 89 Subaru XT6 (2.7) 4WD -

1.) Wiper motor and wiper motor mounting bracket - first you have to pull the wiper cam off (two phillips screws under the rubber pieces in the cam - and then use a pulley puller to get the cam off the mounting bracket assembly)

2.) Wiper control computer - under the ashtray inside - it's a blue plastic box about 4X3X2

3.) AC condensor

4.) Radiator (XT6) if it does not have any rust out.

5.) Headlight sprayers/washer nozzles - in front of each headlight in the bumper area.

6.) Power antenna unit (in driver side trunk area)

7.) XT6 floor mats front and rear.

If anyone feels like grabbing any of these parts - let me know - I will PayPal a payment ASAP (or any other means you wish). Thanks in advance for any/all replies.

Frank Germano

frankdgermano@aol.com

Frank,I should have the antenae and radiator in very good shape.Might have a couple other items too.I gave a lot of stuff to Jason,who lives near Dennis in Philly.He left my place with a small load of XT6 parts including the wiper control box I believe.

I just parted an XT 4cyl.Is that wiper the same?I might have that one.

I'll definately take the radiator and the antena since they are in good shape (and definately the hardest items to find in good shape, btw!)...anything else that you might have just let me know - to get PAID for the radiator and the power antenna - just send me an email, directly at frankdgermano@aol.com - and list your price, plus shipping (if possible) to Tafton, PA 18464 and I'll either use PayPal or whatever payment method you can take.

Thanks for the super fast reply, too! Can't wait to get these three cars finally "finished"...yea, right...it's always gonna be something, I guess. :banghead:

An addition to the last post:

That wiper motor and mount is the same for the XT6 and XT - I just did that swap with my other XT6 from an old XT in a yard. The PITA part is getting that wiper "cam" off...you will definately need a pulley puller or gear puller. It is stuck on that mounting plate pretty darn good, with two phillips screws under the rubber caps in the cam, as well. I need the motor and the motor mounting bracket with the arm(s). Just send me an email with what you can get (radiator - definately!) (power antenae - definately!) and what ever else - frankdgermano@aol.com

Thanks again,

Frank Germano

http://www.frank.germano.com

frank@germano.com

An additional "addition" to the last post...this is getting tiresome :brow: :

I'd also take the AC condensor if you can locate one...! So now we have the Radiator, the wiper motor and motor mounting bracket...the headlight sprayer/washer nozzles...that infamous wiper control computer (blue box under the ash tray)...the power antenae unit...email me with what you can get and the prices...thanks again!

Frank Germano

frankdgermano@aol.com - or -

frank@germano.com

http://www.frank.germano.com

Hey Frank... how bout I just find you an XT6 with a crappy body and good drivetran and dump it at your doorstep? I think that would get you your parts. :brow:

Me and Jeremy didn't realize just how far away these yards are from us. But... I have a buddy an hour from Philly who owes me a favor (sold him a car dirt cheap) and he says we can crash with him- so we're still in on this. See you saturday!

Hey Paul I might be able to make it... Im suppose to move that weekend but the way the house is going maybe not...

Say Paul do you have a nice blue low back seat for my 84 wagon????

Oh as for the goofs that go to Harry's well they also travel down to the ez pull.... Some how they even found our back woods yards.. I recall when I was 18 I could go to all the yards in my home county and get heaps of parts for anything... Seems now all the ****heads speaking in strange tongues found there way to my area and Dave's.... :argue: