Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wicked Big Meet!

• 2 weeks later...
i don't think bert is in any condition(to much rust)to enter in a show but maybe i could talk my friend into letting me bring his 94 justy (which is the one i use to own)

S3010057.JPG not exactly old school but..

Justy=obsolete. Awww, you don't need to "show"... just show up :) I don't think I'll be in the show this year, I'll probably put mine with the antiques that are coming.

If I were to cough up the $55 and enter in the show, what class would I go in? My car runs on the street, but it ain't no street car, I rally it on the backroads, but it ain't no rally car, and I wouldn't take it on any track outside a 1/4 mile, It would understeer and roll like no other.

If it won any prize, I would love to see the faces of the "tuners"!!!

I took the car down to a dirtbike hillclimbing event in munson, and I parked a ways back in the parking lot, but while I was wandering in the pits, I overheard people saying "did you see that subaru in the parking lot?", so just parking in the normal visitors lot might be enough of a show for the car.

If I were to cough up the $55 and enter in the show, what class would I go in? My car runs on the street, but it ain't no street car, I rally it on the backroads, but it ain't no rally car, and I wouldn't take it on any track outside a 1/4 mile, It would understeer and roll like no other.

If it won any prize, I would love to see the faces of the "tuners"!!!

I took the car down to a dirtbike hillclimbing event in munson, and I parked a ways back in the parking lot, but while I was wandering in the pits, I overheard people saying "did you see that subaru in the parking lot?", so just parking in the normal visitors lot might be enough of a show for the car.

I've always wanted to hit Munson.

$55 to enter??? :eek:

The base entrance is $20. Then a $35 level. The $55 entrance includes a lift ticket, T-shirt and the show.

I won't be showing either BRAT, I can't compete in the street class against the new ones. There's a group of antique cars coming, I'll probably be parking with them, I'll save you guys a spot :)

The base entrance is $20. Then a $35 level. The $55 entrance includes a lift ticket, T-shirt and the show.

I won't be showing either BRAT, I can't compete in the street class against the new ones. There's a group of antique cars coming, I'll probably be parking with them, I'll save you guys a spot :)

Antique Subarus?

Is Subaru of New England involved?

Antique Subarus?

Is Subaru of New England involved?

No, just normal antique cars, well, besides my '78 and any other old-school Subes that show up. It's Father's Day so it's for any dads that come along. I think Subaru of NE will be there.

• 2 weeks later...
Moosens, if you come, I'll give you those trim panels and the seats to take home with you.

:) thanks,I'll really try,but it's kind of unliely right now. Just too busy no matter which way I turn lately.Otherwise I'll make some trip up there for some reason....maybe camp a night with my son or the family...make the rounds.I also have to get to that guy Skip's place in NH.

Hmm.. i might be able to make it.. can i park with you guys? i'm sketched out by the 'tuners' and ricers :-p

I doubt the impreza will be ready by then, but if it was i'd be game for a hill climb :banana:

or maybe i'll throw the snows on the OBXT, lift it, and still play in the mud :clap:

I'm going down. Look for a loyale that's obvously been wheeled hard.

I'm missing the winch (it's rolling around in the back now), so the front looks fugly. The engine isn't fixed yet, so it sounds fugly. I'm going to replace the right front axle in the morning, so untill then it drives fugly.

I just spent the afternoon welding up the rear so it doesn't tear out on the way down.

Andyjo, i'm not sure they'll have a mudpit or hillclimb, but we can hope.

It's today by the way.... so you have to be ready now to go, and I don't think you have time to do any lifting or snow tires.

It's today by the way.... so you have to be ready now to go, and I don't think you have time to do any lifting or snow tires.

Oh snap! i thought it said July!! :banghead:

Hope you guys have fun! i'm moving tomorrow, so the car's full of my junk

crapola!! :-\

I may just not be a carshow person, but I think there could have been a lot more for my $20.

There was more of a show in the parking lot than the "show" it's self. There was literally nothing going on. A bunch of vendor tents, selling exhuasts and suspensions, some demo vehicles just sitting there, and persistant DJ-pop music.

The only activity in the whole place was at the Childrens tent, run by our own Seahag76. She also brought 2 of the 3 subaru's older than mine to the show, a pair of wicked nice brats.

The most entertaining part was the enterance, where 2 side by side lines of mostly manual transmission subies moved forward one carlength jump at a time up a steep incline. 3cy's and 30" tires? Kiss your clutch goodbye.

Somebody wasn't thinking when they set the admission booths at the top of a hill.

There were loads of subarus, but when 80% of them are street-modified wrx's and STI's, it kinda gets old. There's only so many combinations of WR blue, silver, rims, and front lip's that you can put together with mommy and daddy's money. I had the only loyale/GL car there, and mine is a POS.

The best car I saw was a late 90's legacy wagon, bone stock, except with a RS hoodscoop... which you could see the intercooler through. 2.0 turbo out of a JDM wrxRA according to to owner. Sleepers are cool.

In summary, I woudn't go again unless there were some activities planned.

/end piss&moan

and mine is a POS.

/end piss&moan

I have to disagree... I like it. Your car rated at least 2 of 90 shots posted... http://www.onalimbracing.com so apparently, the photographer did too, and they were individual shots, not in a group or line.

I wish we had more old school representation! Nice to see you, and your car, Devan!

Oh, The BRATs did good both ways. The Chevy in our caravan overheated twice.

Sorry troops can't make it this time

iam goin to WCSS#9 and camp out in the rain for 3 days

have fun

Spark:lol:

We did... it was last Sunday :) Had a brief shower at the end. The official count isn't in, but some say 460, some say over 760 after counting cars in pictures, yet one other very reliable source said close to 1000. Regardless, it was a boatload of Subarus. A huge one brand show.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i knew something was going on but side tracked by work....:mad:

not sure bert would of been show worthy though.

(not unless you wanted to use her as a poster child of what happens when you don't take care of the rust(ok,she's not REALLY bad but..))

I sure hope we have more old schoolers there next year... only 3 showed up this year, my 2 BRATs and Devan's lifted Loyale... that sucker got some attention I'll tell ya!

No need to show your car... I ended up parking in the show area, but wasn't judged. I signed on late, because I didn't know if she would be finished in time. We were done at 9 pm Saturday night. I realized 40 miles from home, that we forgot to put the 2 badges on the tailgate :(

I'm going to post pictures of her soon.