Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not sure if this has been covered yet:

Just saw the 2008 MY design; not a big fan.

I like the 3 part front end; I though it looked aggressive.

I don't hate it but I don' t think it really distinguishes itself from other manufacturers. However, I think the Impreza wagon looks like a Mazda:-\

What is the board's take?

Hmm...Ford quits producing the Focus hatchback in 07 and then the new Focus like Subaru Impreza shows up in 08. Makes one wonder especially since it was a cost cutting measure by Ford. They could glue a Subaru badge on the front and put a Subaru drive train under it and jack the price way up.

Hope it is just a Mazda/Ford design phase for a couple of years before the old Impreza style lines come back for 2010.

Ok if the Ford Focus look alike didn't want to make you kill yourself

kia_rio_fs.jpg

Kia Rio

sO in the past, you could look down a row of cars or look around in traffic and be able to spot a soob with ease. Now... i might mistakenly wave to a Rio or a Focus :rolleyes:

Ok if the Ford Focus look alike didn't want to make you kill yourself

kia_rio_fs.jpg

Kia Rio

sO in the past' date=' you could look down a row of cars or look around in traffic and be able to spot a soob with ease. Now... i might mistakenly wave to a Rio or a Focus :rolleyes:[/quote']

Well thats only true if it was any other color but silver.

nipper

BARF!!!

i thought it was a strech for the 05 lines... but i guess i got used to it... but the rims are just gross on the 08 OB... or at least the ones i saw.

and the new imprezas...... eh.... i'm not a fan at all.

i'd take a baja over the new line of roo's :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, they have lost itacross the board, as had benn mentioned:

The Tribeca (dumb name, why name an AWD car after a trendy NYC hip neighborhood) now looks like a Chrysler mini van.

The Impresa looks like a Mazda (or Focus).

The Outback/Legacy line ... have a look at the GMC version of the Tahoe ... whatever they call it. Dead ringer.

Dead ducks, all three, I say.

after i saw the new tribeca, then saw the old one, i liked the old one because it looked unique.

Here Here! I wasn't enamored with it, but it was surely unique! That's what makes a Suburu special, it is different from everything else on the road.

Apparently the reallities of running a business, won out for now.

003_006.jpg

005_001.jpg

:dead:

ford-focus-big.jpg

For those of you who haven't seen it.

me thinks it looks like a Ford Focus.

and the hood scoop is gone.:dead: What's up with that?

looks like if I get a newer soob it will be a 2007 or older.

BW

I've been meaning to chime on about the new impreza, so here goes.

I have some photos of a silver version which are taken from a slightly elevated angle.

It's amazing how the "flame edge" design first premiered by BMW has swept the auto world. This design features similar abrupt transitions to it's control surfaces.

The rear end looks like it was derived by morphing a taurus wagon and a porche 928. I like the clues i get from the porche 928 and not so much those from the taurus.

It seems the station wagon concept has gotten lost in that of a hatch back.

One might never see this as before, say in the same space an Audi A4 wagon.

Then there is that weird hour glass rear pillar haven't others tried and failed with that look already?

I like how the side windows taken altogether resemble a giant eye.

I have been thinking that maybe someone will find a way to retrofit the ESP to the 06-07 is it just and add on to the existing system? that would be nice. Wondering about the new rear suspension. I realize that the new model has a more spacious rear but does the rear suspension have the same travel that it used to or is this just a compromise?

All in all I think I like some aspects of the new model. It would have been nice if it had not replaced the wagon however.

It seems that subaru customers who want that will now have to shell out the extra bucks for the legacy wagon for this is now a car.

post-21857-136027622632_thumb.jpg

post-21857-136027622639_thumb.jpg

All in all I think I like some aspects of the new model. It would have been nice if it had not replaced the wagon however.

It seems that subaru customers who want that will now have to shell out the extra bucks for the legacy wagon for this is now a car.

sorry to piss all over your cotton candy, but as of '08 all legacy's are sedans and all outbacks are wagons.

Every time a new model comes out this happens.

With a Subaru its not looks its functionality and innovation over looks usually.

The appearance will grow on you especially after you sit in it, drive it, etc. If not, fine. Buy one of the cars people were calling ugly in the past.

Looks like a tribeca the first gen tribeca. Like the lines in the rear.

I saw a 08 outback WOW it LOOKS CRAZY amazingly good! i thought it looked stupid, but was i wrong! there were so many people starring at it i swear, LOOKED SOO hot!!

The appearance will grow on you especially after you sit in it, drive it, etc. If not, fine. Buy one of the cars people were calling ugly in the past.

AMEN!!!!

I hated the bugeys's for a while, but I can't say that I don't like them now...

Hell, in late 1989, when I was 6, I saw my first legacy and was like what is this.

Give it a year or so for the new look to settle, and to experiance this new suspension design the Impreza line has gotten. People will be all over it then.

sorry to piss all over your cotton candy, but as of '08 all legacy's are sedans and all outbacks are wagons.

"sorry to piss all over your cotton candy" Wow! What Magic you have with words.

I feel honored! But thanks for informing me that Subaru has not only messed up the impreza they also have messed up the legacy too.

Every time a new model comes out this happens.

With a Subaru its not looks its functionality and innovation over looks usually.

I agree that even the worst looking Subaru can be to appreciated for it's engineering. That being said the legacy wagon is one great looking automobile and there wasn't a debate about that.

Yah know what I mean?