Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Latest.....New Pics Added Today

The Yellow is done..its just baking on in the sun right now..will wash tomorrow and them clear coat...best word to describe....Remeber the old 80s Christian Rock band Stryper???

OK...cant contain myself:

moreRockyPics035.jpg

What was I thinking!!!:eek:

wow, that's like the anti-bucky!

I think that was the whole idea... Bucky is so gorgous...just a simple beautiful white EA82 wagon...the good son...Rocky is a demon...PIA...drives me nuts..demands a ton of attention...yet he was hidden under that plain boring ugly dark grey with rust paint...He is already getting the attention he wants..by passer-bys on the road...we watched probably 20 people about break their necks turning to look.:)

I have to say it....

what about painting the black bumper thingies on the sides yellow?? IMHO, it would look ALOT better like that.... it would help set off the remaining black on the sides (the mirrors, bottom panels, etc...) You might lose some of the bumblebee effect, but to me that black stripe is too much..

Regardless, youve put alot of work into the car, and it shows. congrats on the new look, its a FAR cry from the makeup most chicks consider "painting" :lol:

Here's my 10 cents....my 2 cents is free...

I like the colours but would have to concur with the chap who recommended racing stripes... The contrast of black and yellow on the hood and trunk are a little to stark...

My hood work would start from a point at the windshield, would form a concave line across and along the length of the hood before turning into a convex curve somewhere near the front to finally abut the lower crease line and follow it to the lip.

Hur hur...hut hur... I just said "a butt"

(sorry, must have picked that up from another thread :))

Maybe the line could extend and straddle the bumber...

Anyways, courtesy of the marvelous Windows Paint, here's my artist's impression.....(I really must pick up a book on Photoshop one of these days :))

Rocky%203.jpg

Steve

Wow Connie! ... Very Nice Paint Job, Well Done Work, Congratulations!!!

I just wanna Suggest you to Paint Both Bumpers and the Roof in Yellow; I just Came from my Parents´ Home, from Repairin´ & Paintin´ the Yellow Wagon´s Front Bumper... and I Love that Yellow Colour. :headbang:

Can´t Wait to see it Finished with Clear Coat!!! :burnout:

Wow Connie! ... Very Nice Paint Job, Well Done Work, Congratulations!!!

I just wanna Suggest you to Paint Both Bumpers and the Roof in Yellow; I just Came from my Parents´ Home, from Repairin´ & Paintin´ the Yellow Wagon´s Front Bumper... and I Love that Yellow Colour. :headbang:

Can´t Wait to see it Finished with Clear Coat!!! :burnout:

Actually, that sounds REALLY good, and it isnt as much of a ripoff of the cheee wedge as it could be, since youve still got an abundance of black elsewhere (rocker panels and trim strip on the sides, underside of mirrors, etc...)

somehow I doubt that ANY of our suggestion will be taken up though; after all, the lady HAS already painted it the way she initially wanted it. Don't take any suggestions like this as criticism, everyone has different thoughts with what they would do on their own cars.

Plus it is finished for now LOL..clear coated...pin-stripped...badges back on..etc etc....Now just trying to figure out a new starter issue ( Like starter kicks on sometimes...sometimes it doesnt..but all lights and everything stays nice and bright...when it doesnt ..it doesnt even click..and sometimes it turns slow...probably just needs some new battery terminals since I have removed them so many times resetting the ECU.

moreRockyPics042.jpg

moreRockyPics045.jpg

moreRockyPics041.jpg

starter issue? go to the USMB, under the electrical section, and read about how I put a starter relay on mine.

If you can reliably get it to start by using a screwdriver to touch the + batt cable end to the solenoid terminal, it is likely a problem with high resistance in the ignition switch circuit; I fixed an AGES old *click*click*USUALLY start problem with mine by installing a relay. Its more than just a band aid fix; its a GOOD re engineering.

and I figured you were probably making more progress on him, since you hadn't been posting much in the last two or three days... congrats!! he is Beee-autiful (har har, HAD to say it!)

I LOVE IT! :headbang:

That just rocks.

Just about 1 more week till Carlisle :banana:

Well the way its looking right now it looks like the car I will be bringing is Bucky my Loyale...Rocky has desided that he doesnt want to start now...took him for a run last night parked him in his usual spot and not no start...starter isnt engaging..well isnt doing anything..its not consistant but its enough that I dont want to be stuck somewhere on the rad and he pulls one of his fits..

And people wonder why I love my basic FWD SPFI EA82 ...dont think there is a more dependable car out there...even though he has tons of problems he always starts and always gets you to where you have to go...guess i will start cleaning him up tonight ..and touching up the winter rust that has crept in from him being parked.

• 2 weeks later...