Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need pic of Child Seat hardpoint (aka LATCH)

My wife wants the LATCH stsyem bad for our two couch monkeys. My options are:

1) newer car

2) roll my own system

If someone could post a photo of their's I would appreciate it. I beleieve they are standard equipment on all 2000 and newer cars. Should be under or in the vicinity of the seat bottom near the seatbelts.

Thanks, Ryan

97OBW Limited

Actually, the LATCH points are simply steel "loops" or D rings bolted to the floor. To find them, they're usually painted black and are found between the bottom of the seatback and the bottom cushion. Sort of next to where the seatbelts pictured above are anchored.

Sorry no pix (I've got an earlier model) but I work with new cars every day, and that's where most of the LATCH anchors are...some are also on the floor of the "wayback" part of station wagons, just behind the back seat.

Nope. It's usually (I'm trying to remember what they look like in Subarus) just a steel loop about 1 1/2 inches bolted to the floor, painted gloss black..nothing attached to it. IIRC on Subarus, there's a plastic cover about 2 inches square, same color as the upholstery, that covers the hole that the anchor resides in. Embossed on that cover is a pic of a boat anchor on a chain. Easily flipped up or removed, revealing the LATCH anchor.

Nope. It's usually (I'm trying to remember what they look like in Subarus) just a steel loop about 1 1/2 inches bolted to the floor, painted gloss black..nothing attached to it. IIRC on Subarus, there's a plastic cover about 2 inches square, same color as the upholstery, that covers the hole that the anchor resides in. Embossed on that cover is a pic of a boat anchor on a chain. Easily flipped up or removed, revealing the LATCH anchor.

Thanks for the effort porcupine73.

I will look for these on my car and if they are not there I will consider a nuts and bolts solution.

rd

post-312-136027622554_thumb.jpg

post-312-136027622561_thumb.jpg

Latch pics attached. You need of these 2 "Latches" per car seat. I saw a universal retrofit at Baby's R Us a few months ago. However, I bet you can just go to the hardware store and get the appropriate d hook and mounting bolts as well.