Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Pan

WJM

Well, that darned cork gasket looks to be leaking like a...well, alot. I was thinking on dropping the pan, and using a rubber gasket if I can find one, or using some high temp RTV. I hate this, its brand new and I didnt over tighten it. (the engine is in the RX)

QUESTION: Can I drop the pan on this EA82T with the engine still securely bolted in the car? I've never done this, and with all my vast experience with these cars, this is one thing i've never done. And since im up here, celebrating t-day, with no shop, its not like I can go outside in the cold and execute this. So im hoping someone has done this before and can give me some advice. Yes, this is how you do it, or no, you've got the lift the engine up or something....would be great.

Thanks guys/gals!

Wagonpowaa and I just pulled and replaced the pans on our EA71, EA63 and EA81T respectivly. we did this with the car jacked up so we could fit underneath. Mine came out pretty easily, but Ben's took a little more work due to the shape of the crossmember. This makes me think that yours will come off easily too, but dont hold me to it.