Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recommended fuel filter change??

Seeking to know subaru's recommended fuel filter change for my 86 "carbed" loyale..I have lost my owners manual and can't seem to remember

My experience says do it every 10K--or just before a long trip. Buy two filters & carry one in the car as a spare, along with the necessary tools to change it out on the road. Doing this has saved me some major hassle several times.

My experience says do it every 10K--or just before a long trip. Buy two filters & carry one in the car as a spare, along with the necessary tools to change it out on the road. Doing this has saved me some major hassle several times.
Agreed.

It's an easy and cheap job to do yourself. It's easily diagnosed on the fly. And having a spare will save you a lot of trouble; I've never thought to carry a spare of the fuel filter, but I will from now on!

Hmm... I dont feel like getting my owners manual but also, I never use it so.... I just replace mine every 10,000 to 15,000. Its easy to do, also along with your fuely filter kit, buy some fuel like and get a pair of dikes in there. When i replaced mine the line split as I slid it on, Talk about bad timing...