Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who'd be interested in buying a copy of this?

Img0025.JPG

Going to try to copy this Kamei air dam for 70's Subarus.Pretty sure this one fits the '77StageII thru '79 only,but might work on the '72-77 as well.(USA)

Hoping to use some really nice looking woven graphite like the center fabric (black) in this picture below.

r2f1a_1s.jpg

Nothing definite yet.But I sure do hope to do some layup work this year.

Damn! I would love one. Shipping to Australia would probably be a killer, however. :mad: Not the weight, but certainly the size. Would look very cool on my wagon :slobber:

Saw one similar on eBay (US) not long ago, but no shipping to Oz.

There was one (80's) here that went out west.It came from an old dealer's stock I rummaged through a few years back."Carfreak" has it and we were once considering copying it.He's not the only one with one of those.I've seen a couple of them surface in the last year or so.

I still have that guy and I do plan on making replicas, I'm just waiting for an appropriate time to start production. I've been toying with the idea of injection molded urethane so they could take a beating and not crack/shatter. What do you guys think about that?

lets see what it would look like:burnout:

OK but give me time.Too tired,too much to do,and Carlisle this weekend -long ride for a stock '78 4WD wagon with original everything.

I'll fit it up for pictures next week.

• 2 months later...
where does this go? in the front or rear? if front I WANT ONE!! and do they make ones for the rear? what about sides?

That's a front air dam. Just curious to see who'd spend for one. I can't jump into producing these just yet,but I'm going to try my best to learn to make,and produce copies of this air dam and assorted items. It's going to take some time and machinery before I can really get started. In the meantime I'm looking into established businesses doing the same to do some brain picking,maybe shop out a batch of them. Also have a friend who is a writer and editor for a sailing magazine who is due to go visit a high end sailing products mfg. to write an article. He's going to score lots of info for me.Maybe even bring me along.

Where I work I see the process,but I need to see how I can take a small time approach to it in a smaller setting.

• 4 weeks later...