Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jamal has the right idea. Hankook's are excellent rallyX tires but they will wear down too quickly on pavement as well as not feeling quite right on pavement. A set of nice alloy wheels are not too hard to find if you wait for the right set and the older stock alloys are not too pricey. This is the wheel I use for rallyX, lightweight, fairly attractive and pretty common.

Alloy.jpg

Jamal has the right idea. Hankook's are excellent rallyX tires but they will wear down too quickly on pavement as well as not feeling quite right on pavement. A set of nice alloy wheels are not too hard to find if you wait for the right set and the older stock alloys are not too pricey. This is the wheel I use for rallyX, lightweight, fairly attractive and pretty common.

Alloy.jpg

is there a good duel purpose rally tire out there?

is there a good duel purpose rally tire out there?
Google the Silverstone tire website and check out what's available. You'll often be able to buy used rally tires from the pro rally folk. A little worn but still well usable for rallyX and a good dirt tire that is still usable on pavement for minimal use.

If it's mostly road with some dirt and snow thrown in, check out the Nokian WR. It's the all season sister to the infamous Nokian Hakka snow tire.

Jack

I'm really fond of the Hakki snow and WR. Both of them are pretty decent rallycross tires and not too shabby on pavement, especially in the rain.