Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

rally tires

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

i was looking at these and i was wondering if i would be able to use these foe pavement use and how many miles could i get out of them http://www.rallyligh...ankook/R201.asp

#2 jamal

jamal

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

If you want them for rallyx or something get another set of wheels to switch off. They'll have crappy traction and wear out very quickly on pavement.

#3 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:08 AM

Jamal has the right idea. Hankook's are excellent rallyX tires but they will wear down too quickly on pavement as well as not feeling quite right on pavement. A set of nice alloy wheels are not too hard to find if you wait for the right set and the older stock alloys are not too pricey. This is the wheel I use for rallyX, lightweight, fairly attractive and pretty common.

Posted Image

#4 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Reno

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

Jamal has the right idea. Hankook's are excellent rallyX tires but they will wear down too quickly on pavement as well as not feeling quite right on pavement. A set of nice alloy wheels are not too hard to find if you wait for the right set and the older stock alloys are not too pricey. This is the wheel I use for rallyX, lightweight, fairly attractive and pretty common.

Posted Image

is there a good duel purpose rally tire out there?

#5 jamal

jamal

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Depends on how good of a dirt tire you need. Some all seasons are pretty good on dirt.

#6 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:37 AM

is there a good duel purpose rally tire out there?

Google the Silverstone tire website and check out what's available. You'll often be able to buy used rally tires from the pro rally folk. A little worn but still well usable for rallyX and a good dirt tire that is still usable on pavement for minimal use.

#7 jib

jib

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

If it's mostly road with some dirt and snow thrown in, check out the Nokian WR. It's the all season sister to the infamous Nokian Hakka snow tire.

Jack

#8 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

If it's mostly road with some dirt and snow thrown in, check out the Nokian WR. It's the all season sister to the infamous Nokian Hakka snow tire.

Jack

I'm really fond of the Hakki snow and WR. Both of them are pretty decent rallycross tires and not too shabby on pavement, especially in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users