Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 RS turbo 3-door in junkyard

i saw it there, black 3-door with wing, no body ground effect. turbo and automatic(i assume its 4wd) does it have a rear lsd?

it has a gold soob logo on the rear trunk lid, grey interior. its all there minus the wheels.

the motor is all there, but it looks like squirrels have been living under the hood.

i will make an offer for both the RS and the dual range wagon and see if they will accept.

if the price is right, i'm sure they would sell both to make thir money quick and all at once.

i figured an offer of 300, but i will start with 200, to entertain the notion

If it is a RS, then it is a 1990, not an 87. In last 6 months on the 89 production run, the RX was available in black, with gold trim, it was a true RX with everything the white ones had. If the badges say RS though it is not the same as a RX. It did come in either turbo or non-turbo like XSNRG stated. It is also rather strange that it would have an automatic and a LSD. If it is the turbo model, then it would have the same engine as the 87 through 89 RXs have. It would be a nice car, but definately no RX Killer.

i am speculating lsd, maybe it doe4snt, but it definately had an automatic.

it also has the 87 style steering wheel. the outside is a little rough, but normal for what's expected around here. the interior is in pretty good shape for how the car looks

lets say, ported heads, 5spd dual range, or 5spd full time xt6 trans, 5-lug suspension(i have all the parts minus struts)

it could pobably be built to spank a stock RX without too much effort

josh (1ABAJA) id giving them a call to pitch a deal, and for details. but the guy there told me he had no turbos until i told him the black one was turbo

i speculate the turbo has a bad head gasket at worst, a broken timing belt, or a bad trans.

i would suspect the 4x4 wagon has just a broken belt, or a bad clutch.

i'll see if they can strike a package deal when i go back to toms to get the rest of my parts...

jim, how much would you be willing to throw at the deal(reply me PM)

i want to go in and take a looka th the timing belts and such.

if its a clutch, at least you have a spare one!!!

its at 4 brithers in reading michigan, about half way between me and tom, straight north off 49 about 10 miles into michigan

(517)869-2378

if you call to barter, try to stay below 500 bucks, and let these pricks agree to a deal.

i offered 200 for the black one. i will see what they will take for the red one, i will tell them i want to take a look at it and inspect the timing belts before i make my offer

they said they have titles to the cars, also. titling is not so much a hassle in MI as it is in OH, tom can tell you about how MI does their titles

josh has called, i stopped in and said i know people who want these things, so i am going to pretty much like"take my offer, as we are the ONLY ones who need these or parts, or sit on them and make NO money"

from what i remember, its all there, but thewheels are off. its red with gray interior, interior isnt mint, but its not torn up, its still all there. i dont recall seeing any rust, but i was only there long enough to get in and open the hood.

its probably in the same shape as your turbo wagon for sale, i will have to look at it again

all of the motor is there, SPFI

i got wheels to move it out. i bet if i bring a battery an a timing belt, i can drive it out. but i wont let him knowit runs until he accepts the offer and signs the titele, it would be funny to see his look if i just start it up and drive away!

yeah, but a stock RX aint all that. my turbo wagon gave it a good run for before the head crapped out.

my piont is i try these things. i can say that i have fixed a turbo motr and ported the heads because i did. the cars in the junkyard would make fun project. there is a 3-door with a turbo, and a spd wagon right beside it, and i have a carload of xt6 suspension.

yeah, i know, i can hear it coming, but i DO have the 5spd Full Time 3.9 , AND a turbo single range

hmm, full time in the rs, dual range in my wagon, turbo 5spd in the junkyard wagon. sounds like fun.

we dont have a justy. we dont have a rally cross, but we still have subarus, and we take them out for laps on the field. my buddy has an rx. this potential project would be an interesting rival for the rx

my point some more:

RX: turbo

Project: turbo, custom intake, custom exhaust(and i'm talkin a cherry bomb)

RX: Full Time Dual Range 3.7 gear

Project: Full Time %spd 3.9 gear

RX:Rear Anus Lift and 16 inch chevy 6-lug 205/55

Project: XT6 5-lug suspension and 215/60 15 inch impreza wheels

xt6 swaybars

it seems to be an even match, for vs. an RX

So why are you down on RXs?? Why don't you set you sights on beating a WRX. Sounds like to me that you didn't learn anything from your jail time. You are a marked man Fox, if I were you, I'd lay low for a few years till someone else takes the attention away from you, and then I wouldn't rush out there and try to get it back.

TROGDOR, you mean to tell me that you think the Fox would build that car and then just let it sit around? No, he would go out a try to prove the it is everything that he says it is. Those boys with the gum ball machines on the top of their cars would love to bust him again, and with his record, it wouldn't be a pretty sight. So do you see the connection now???

why do you look down on miles fox ? i am sure you were just a perfect boy ?? i have never meet you , i have meet miles fox and in my opinion he knows his stuff , and uses what he has , same with me no air tools etc... and use what i have , it's ashame we just can;t get along pick pick pick DUDE :