Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Time For a Cookout!! June 30th is the Date

ok at a cookout a long time ago in a far far away place called Danbury CT we were standing around BS'ing and all of the sudden we hear this loud crash on the side street by connie's place. here some tools were moving their friend and someone put the big mirror that goes on a dresser in the back of a truck but didn't secure it and poof it goes flying out of the truck and on to the road. then there was cursing and i think maybe even the car that was following them hit it (was with the moving party). Tommy took pics and someone yelled "nice move a-hole" and we had a hearty laugh about it at someone elses expense. The story sounds lame as heck but if you were there it was down right funny as crap.

I'm a bad story teller but there you have it. :headbang:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have pics too...that was a funny funny day

(dave will post)

at first reading about mirror breaking i was like oh yea, be careful. after reading the story I can see it sure be a fun time.

I am getting ready for a trip to babysit for granddaughter. her father is going to california for a week. he's in marines and sole caretaker. that said I think I can make this one. it's not to far away and as long as I get off on time I could be there by noon.

I now have 2 92 SS's both sticks. they are a blast to drive. well one is running the other is waiting till I get the title. then will fix and enjoy that one on the track. would like to install 4.44's and go after some faster cars. they do not believe what is happening as I go by.

the chances are good that I can come. would be driving one of the SS's. will ask a friend to come also.

will get back here before then.

thanks and safe quick driving, Bepa

Sure!!!! Just have to warn the newbies about someone always gets a pic or their rear taken..then put on the internet...we have almost set my old porch on fire before with bananas set ablaze on the grill. Broken toilets held together with vice grips....am I missing anything?? :lol:
Ok... lets see here...

Butts.... Check

SeptSubaruCookout_013.jpg

Hi Paul :headbang:

Fire... Check....

IMG_0030.JPG

This is what happens when you pour Bourbon on a fire :Flame:

************ty ************ter.... Check....

IMG_0024.JPG

I'm sure you can figure out what the *'s are...

And the poor saps that got 7 years of bad luck... Yep got that one too :grin:

IMG_0028.JPG

Sounds like soooo much fun! Why can't you ALL live next door to me????

We thrive on the get-together... can you imagine paying $359,000. for a condo only to watch and "hear" us all working on old cars across the street? The condos all sold. Oh, the smell of paint and the mess... apparently it's appealing to new homeowners?!

We have an Asian couple who live diagonal across and the non-English speaking father, who lives with them, has been inching his way over, a little closer daily... tomorrow we wave him into the fold.

Subarus come with friends.

well said Mary...Like I love to say..Subaru...bringing the WORLD together...one boxer at a time.

Funny you mentioned the Asian gentleman..we ordered Chinese food last night :slobber: cause I was lazy ( and needed to go grocery shopping) Had it delivered and the driver ( Asian in his late 30s ) commented on my " Nice Subarus" I gave him a $7 tip on our $16 bill for that one:grin:

We got a great deal on a screen room/tent thingy..fits perfect over our picnic table. I also gave the meat department guy the heads up on the bacon jalapeno cheddar burgers.. Also planning on having some activities..such a David Hasselholf lawn jarts..maybe badmiten .and jon ..jess..that redneck game we saw at carlisle??what was it called ?

Not sure if Tommy is going to have a batch or 2 of beer brewed since our local store for his supplies doesnt carry it anymore..so we would have to order. Just giving a heads up and if anyone has any suggestions or wants to bring something

THe red neck game is called ladder golf. Did you guys build one? It is a lot of fun to play. Maybe next year I will show you guys polish horse shoe. LOL:grin:

I want to make a set ..just dowels a couple golf balls and some rope right? PM me the rules cause I am being brain dead right now :lol: ..oh thats right..I am always brain dead

We might put in horse show pits before then ..we were looking at stuff last night at Wally World

COnnie i pmed you a website about the ladder golf. I can't wait to play. I haven't played it in a long time.
Thank you!! I just checked on Ebay and you can get already made sets on the cheap ..around $30..so if we dont make a set I am buying a set...can't have a cookout without games ( also makes good embarrassing photo moments:grin: )

You guys are doing more to scare people away than attract them.:lol:

only the ones with no sence of adventure:grin: :grin: Come on Paul..you know we are fun ( and can be embarrassing to be around in public when put in large groups):-p

To those who are or believe they are coming..PM me and I will give you the addy and or directions..

mmmm junk yard dogs and bacon jalapeno cheddar burgers:slobber: Lucky I am having the store make up the burgers...cause we may be doing some axle swaps quick and some of you should remember what I said about getting grease off your hands:rolleyes: ( make a meat loaf or burgers hands come out clean!):grin:

OH Also ..cant forget to mention..besides food..we havin HillBilly Games!!!!