Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Might have found an 80 brat Finaly!? Have ?'s

Found one (I think):confused: and its about a 8 hr drive to get there and another 8 to get back. Runs ok, been sitting so it needs brakes redone. Has some rust but hard to tell from the pics he sent. it looks good in the pics. Said theres little rust on tailgate. Rockers and floorboard have been patched up but he said there sturdy. He said the crossmember on the passenger side was rusted thru but he has another crossmember to give to replace it. What kind of work will that might take?? Is it worth it or is that a serious problem. He has drivin it in the yard only like this. Has everything on it except the carpet in the bed. Has title and extra parts. hes wants $300 for it. Any suggestions or warnings?? Thanks!!!!:burnout:

There's carpet in the bed? That's strange. anyway are you looking to make it a classic, all the original parts and stuff? Or are you going to fix it and use it as a dailly driver, or just for goofing around with it.

Also How rare are these brat's in your area. If you wait for the next best thing, how long will you have to wait? I know over here (west coast) they pop up every few months.

$300 bucks is not much to pay even if the car is peiced together it still a brat? you can always find more parts at a later date. not to offten can you find the car/truck (brat)

Pics would be very helpful, to see what ammount of rust the owner is talking about.

There are always ways to fix or repair rust unless it is a pile of rust dust on the ground.

Are you needing to tow this or can you drive it back the 8 hrs trip?

I will be towing. Yes the brats originally came with a black thin carpet like material in the bed floor area. I had one in my last brat that was fairly mint. I kick myself everytime I think of not keeping her. :mad: I would like to fix it up decent and use it for a fun second car for recreational type stuff. I would like it to look and run good but it doesnt have to be 100% perfect. Yes I will be getting more pics soon of the bad spots I hope. I cant load the pics here because the file is to big. Im not sure how to scale it down.

Well it has tons of good parts on it. I can sell parts and make my $300 plus back or if I find a better more rust free brat, I will have other good parts from this brat to use too. So It may not be all that bad of a buy. Im still debating and thanks for all your help and opinions. Tommy...:clap: