Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

UPDATE: Group buy on door weatherstrip

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

Sick in the Head 4 Subaru

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Atascadero

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

Sorry guys, I got distracted with all the work that has been swamped on me lately. I swear I havent forgotten. (I work 7 days a week)

-Mike

#27 RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Atascadero

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:11 AM

Ok GUYS!!!! so I fronted the overhead for the product and placed the order for a 250 foot roll (minimum)... As soon as I get it, I am gonna post it on the rotordyne website and you guys can make purchases through there... what I am going to do is sell it almost at cost for 2-3 weeks... so thats when you guys want to be ordering it from me. Because I cant do this forever after that I will have to raise the price up to where it is worthwhile for my business.

Everyone will hear from me first thing when it arrives.

-Mike

(once again, this is high quality replacement door weatherstrip for stage 1 subarus only, I'll look into later models as I get the spare time to do so)

#28 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

I'm all set to purchase enough for my '73 Coupe and '74 4door sedan. Let me know where and when to send the dough. :cool: :headbang:

#29 RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Atascadero

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

OK, so I got the weatherstrip and did some actual measurements. Nominally, on stage 1 wagons, front doors take 10' 4" and rear doors take a nominal 10'

The stuff I finally decided on fits great, couldent be happier. because of how soft the bubble is, in the tight corners you run into a crease. From what I can tell, it doesnt affect anything or leak any air.

Posted Image

Anyway. at this point I must say, out of respect and fairness for the forum. GO to the vender's forum for those that are interested in getting some.

-Mike

#30 Franken-Hatch

Franken-Hatch

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bellevue

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

I don't know if it's already been asked but the two seals on my hatch are also kaput and I wondered if they use a similar/the same type of material. If so how much d'you think I would need to replace those seals?

#31 RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Atascadero

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Ok guys, check out the www.rotordyne.com website. You should be able to use the "contact us" email if you want to order and what lengths you need

-Mike

#32 RenaissanceMan

RenaissanceMan

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Atascadero

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Is no one interested in this anymore? I still have this 250 foot roll sitting here minus the 20 feet I cut. Like I said this should work fine on anything stage 1 and earlier. (push-on style)

-Mike

send me a PM or email to rotordyne@wildblue.net

#33 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:17 PM

Is no one interested in this anymore? I still have this 250 foot roll sitting here minus the 20 feet I cut. Like I said this should work fine on anything stage 1 and earlier. (push-on style)

-Mike

send me a PM or email to rotordyne@wildblue.net

Mike,
I'm holding off for the moment because there's a ton of decent weatherstripping from 1971 through 1979 at my friend's place.

#34 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,715 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:22 AM

I can't see why this won't work on Stage 2. ??

Todd

#35 75skunkaroo

75skunkaroo

Gimmie Shock Treatment

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Central Point Or.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

I can't see why this won't work on Stage 2. ??

Todd

stage 2 has a totally different profile. i tried using one from my 79 on my 75, didn't fit. i had better luck with the gianormous seal off my 75 chevy truck.

-mike

#36 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,715 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

I see.....well shuks!

Todd

#37 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

stage 2 has a totally different profile. i tried using one from my 79 on my 75, didn't fit. i had better luck with the gianormous seal off my 75 chevy truck.

-mike

Oh,now I see what the heck you were talking about in that PM

"Gimme shock treatment" .... I love it ! :headbang:

Here's my issue with the new stock. The top rearward corner of the front doors. They come to a square corner and factory seals have a nice molded corner to fit. Given that I'm going for as close to 100% as possible with my '78 wagon and '73 Coupe I'm going to try to use some of what Charlie D has laying around firstly.

Most likely I'm going to buy at least one cars worth of seals from this new stock for the '79 that I'll probably just abuse for a few years untill it splits in half.:-\

Also,while at Charlie's I started chopping pieces of various seals and gaskets. Hopefully I can shop around and get some really excellent matches.

#38 BENGAL

BENGAL

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • battle creek

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

I have a 76 subaru wagon, it is from the west and when I got it tthe door weather stripping was just fried. JC WHITNEY had what looked to be the right strippiong but I was loath to pay the price.
So I went to a local junk yard, (taking a sample along with me) and found a suitable allternative from an early 90's GM pick up truck. It works great and the junk yard would not even charge me for it! BENGAL

#39 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,715 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:03 PM

I have a 76 subaru wagon, it is from the west and when I got it tthe door weather stripping was just fried. JC WHITNEY had what looked to be the right strippiong but I was loath to pay the price.
So I went to a local junk yard, (taking a sample along with me) and found a suitable allternative from an early 90's GM pick up truck. It works great and the junk yard would not even charge me for it! BENGAL

Thanks for the update! We have to use alternatives for many things. Glad to learn of this one.

Todd

#40 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Is anything still going on with this?

I need 40-50 feet of the stuff for my FF-1, sooner the better.

#41 Kostamojen

Kostamojen

From FF-1 to BRZ!

• Members
  • 1,689 posts
  • Roseville, CA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

RenaissanceMan's email isn't working and he hasn't been on in awhile...

Anyone heard from him lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users