Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UPDATE: Group buy on door weatherstrip

Ok GUYS!!!! so I fronted the overhead for the product and placed the order for a 250 foot roll (minimum)... As soon as I get it, I am gonna post it on the rotordyne website and you guys can make purchases through there... what I am going to do is sell it almost at cost for 2-3 weeks... so thats when you guys want to be ordering it from me. Because I cant do this forever after that I will have to raise the price up to where it is worthwhile for my business.

Everyone will hear from me first thing when it arrives.

-Mike

(once again, this is high quality replacement door weatherstrip for stage 1 subarus only, I'll look into later models as I get the spare time to do so)

Small_weatherstrsip_bottom_corner.jpg

OK, so I got the weatherstrip and did some actual measurements. Nominally, on stage 1 wagons, front doors take 10' 4" and rear doors take a nominal 10'

The stuff I finally decided on fits great, couldent be happier. because of how soft the bubble is, in the tight corners you run into a crease. From what I can tell, it doesnt affect anything or leak any air.

Small_weatherstrip_corner_fold.jpg

Anyway. at this point I must say, out of respect and fairness for the forum. GO to the vender's forum for those that are interested in getting some.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Is no one interested in this anymore? I still have this 250 foot roll sitting here minus the 20 feet I cut. Like I said this should work fine on anything stage 1 and earlier. (push-on style)

-Mike

send me a PM or email to rotordyne@wildblue.net

Mike,

I'm holding off for the moment because there's a ton of decent weatherstripping from 1971 through 1979 at my friend's place.

stage 2 has a totally different profile. i tried using one from my 79 on my 75, didn't fit. i had better luck with the gianormous seal off my 75 chevy truck.

-mike

Oh,now I see what the heck you were talking about in that PM

"Gimme shock treatment" .... I love it ! :headbang:

Here's my issue with the new stock. The top rearward corner of the front doors. They come to a square corner and factory seals have a nice molded corner to fit. Given that I'm going for as close to 100% as possible with my '78 wagon and '73 Coupe I'm going to try to use some of what Charlie D has laying around firstly.

Most likely I'm going to buy at least one cars worth of seals from this new stock for the '79 that I'll probably just abuse for a few years untill it splits in half.:-\

Also,while at Charlie's I started chopping pieces of various seals and gaskets. Hopefully I can shop around and get some really excellent matches.

• 8 months later...

I have a 76 subaru wagon, it is from the west and when I got it tthe door weather stripping was just fried. JC WHITNEY had what looked to be the right strippiong but I was loath to pay the price.

So I went to a local junk yard, (taking a sample along with me) and found a suitable allternative from an early 90's GM pick up truck. It works great and the junk yard would not even charge me for it! BENGAL

I have a 76 subaru wagon, it is from the west and when I got it tthe door weather stripping was just fried. JC WHITNEY had what looked to be the right strippiong but I was loath to pay the price.

So I went to a local junk yard, (taking a sample along with me) and found a suitable allternative from an early 90's GM pick up truck. It works great and the junk yard would not even charge me for it! BENGAL

Thanks for the update! We have to use alternatives for many things. Glad to learn of this one.

Todd

• 2 years later...