Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

largest tires *UPDATE*

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

ok so i searched and couldnt find anything spefic for my car. so sorry to repeat a question asked a million times. but i have some 205/75 R13's on some chevy lugs and they are already drilled. can i fit them on myloyale with minimal or no cutting in the rear. i dont mind cutting the front. any help?

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

You did read the sticky at the top of the page?
http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=62289
And why would you put 13's on a chevy lug wheel?

#3 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:07 AM

If they are 13's and not 14's then they should fit no worries. Ofcause it all depends on the wheels offset......

205/75R13 is 25.1", plus an inch if you ment 14's...

#4 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

yes turbone that was the first i checked. wasnt spefic enough. and they were on 13 chevy redrilled rims. 25.5 inches across. (got them for free) but after a day of cutting and pounding in 90 degree weather i got them all to fit with no rubbing. now i just need something to put where i cut the fender. any ideas? pics soon to come. its looks great even with no lift. very excited :banana:

#5 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:11 AM

now i just need something to put where i cut the fender. any ideas?

.. Paint?

#6 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

haha no i meant some sort of plastic trim. the cut was not a perfect shape and i dont like the sharp edge there so im looking for something to make it look a little cleaner

#7 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

les schwab wouldnt alinge my tires!?! because "they were too big" so now i have to swap the stock ones on to get an alingment. what a joke:dead:

#8 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:57 PM

with the new tires on my car kind of shakes? i dont know the best way to put it. bouces slilghtly? could this be off balance tires. also it pulls more to the left then before i knew the alingment was off already but is it just more noticeable with larger tires? basically what im asking is if these are problems that can be taken care of with alingment and balancing? and is there anyway to make my suspension stiffer/longer? my rears run close to the well and i know one big bump would make them rub with my worn out suspension...

#9 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

i heard something about honda springs?

#10 P K

P K

Devil Dog Liaison

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Omicron Persei Diego

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:54 AM

Whoa, stop the press.

Where do you get 205/75-13 tires?

Do you have a pic?

Thanks, r/PK

#11 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:39 AM

they are some wildcats GD traded me last summer. i dont know where he got them

#12 SoobGoob

SoobGoob

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • Portland

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

correction i went to take pictures they are 14s. sorry for the typo. but i decided im just going with the sjr lift. WHOOHOO

#13 chazmataz

chazmataz

I'm a Mud Addict

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • Estacada

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

bigger tires then stock shouldn't have stopped les schwab from doing an alignment. i have never heard of that. what les schwab was it??????

you come to my store and i'll align it for you, unless you have wornout parts then they would have to be replaced. an alignment won't always stop a car from pulling, other things can cause a pull to. mine pulls i just live with it because i've mod the piss out of it and i'm running 15".

#14 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

I'm not sure (I havent had a alignment in over 20yrs) but maybe the new setups are computerised and when you punch in 14in tires for a Subaru for the car info it comes up with a error.

#15 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:09 PM

I use a tape measure and align myself.

What can they really align on a stock EA82?? Steering is about it. Not hard to do it yourself really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users