Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Saw another wagon tonight...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 the_bard

the_bard

Upstate NY'er

• Gold Subscribers
  • 937 posts
  • Rexford, NY

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:17 AM

... and if I don't tell somebody about it, I'm probably gonna explode (the fiance has given me explicit instructions not to mention Subaru's until after the wedding... she understands how much I love 'em, and how they're a big part of my life, but she wants to concentrate on the wedding for the time being. She won't allow a Subaru to have a part in the wedding, either *helpless shrug of bewilderment*)

Anyway, coming home from Best Buy tonight, I'm heading up 787 when I get behind what looks like a Subaru wagon. At least the body shape is the same... and I'm intrigued. Getting close, I spot what I thought was the Subaru logo on the back end, and the name on the right side. They get off the same exit as I do, and I followed up through Troy a bit. This gets me close enough to see that it's a Subaru wagon, grey, with no rust on the rear door (WOO!). No 4wd emblem, though (but we all know that can be rectified). They drove like it was auto, too.

Anyway, at one point I lost 'em in traffic, but I circled around until I found where it was parked... then I stopped, and left the usual message ("If you ever want to sell this car, let me know. And if you don't, check out www.ultimatesubaru.org" Thanks, Noel").

It was hard to see in the rain and dark, but it looked in such pristine condition body-wise... didn't take too much of a look, since I didn't want to get soaked, and the last thing I need is to appear to be a Subaru stalker.

So I might have a lead on the new Subaru, or it might lead to a new member up here on the boards. Either way, we've made out :D

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:50 AM

Man - that sucks that they are so rare there. If I put a sign on all the subaru's around here I would need to start my own printing company. And hire 100 employees just to make a dent. hehe

GD

#3 the_bard

the_bard

Upstate NY'er

• Gold Subscribers
  • 937 posts
  • Rexford, NY

Posted 29 November 2003 - 01:35 AM

Well... it's not quite so much that it's rare... in fact, the newer Sube's are pretty plentiful. You don't see many of the older wagons, though. And the ones that you do see, they're pretty rusted out.

Not this one though, from what I saw of it. I might drive by it sometime later in the daylight, just to get a better look. Especially if the owner gets back to me :banana:.

#4 86subaru

86subaru

• Members
  • 3,090 posts
  • ohio

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:21 AM

i do the same thing , leave notes on the windshield or even go up to the door and ask them ,is it for sale , 1 time i broke down right in front of a guys house , and he had 2 subaru's which in 2 months i bought them both . :wave:

#5 the_bard

the_bard

Upstate NY'er

• Gold Subscribers
  • 937 posts
  • Rexford, NY

Posted 29 November 2003 - 11:18 PM

One of my co-workers lives on the same street that the wagon ended up being parked on... I asked him if he knew who owned it. Not only did he know who owned it, but he was riding along in it last night :D :headbang:

Turns out one of his friends (who also works at my store) owns the car, and just happened to be in the neighborhood that night for a party (or something to the same effect). Makes me wonder if he's got another car, since I've never seen the wagon down at the store. Anyhow, as the story goes, he was looking to sell it at one point. I might just have a chance to pick it up then :banana:.

Not only that, but the original co-worker is also interested in my Loyale... I might just take it down to the bodyshop and find out how much it'll cost to rough cut & weld the important inspection-related rust holes, nothing fancy, just so it'll pass inspection. Depending on the cost, he might be interested in buying it off of me and having the rust work done on it.

Finally, something's starting to work out :D :banana:

#6 86subaru

86subaru

• Members
  • 3,090 posts
  • ohio

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:58 AM

it might be kinda strange , or some people might think i am some kind of freek , but i have even went to peoples homes saw a nice subaru sitting there and went up to the door, the xt i found sitting in a shop [lot] and the owner almost gave it to me, because it had a bad tranny , but everything else is nice :wave:

#7 the_bard

the_bard

Upstate NY'er

• Gold Subscribers
  • 937 posts
  • Rexford, NY

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:58 PM

Yeah... I've been labeled a "Subaru freak" now. Talked with the owner this morning, and it turns out that it's a '90 Legacy with AWD.

Fooled me. Guess I need to study up some more on the various body silhouettes (sp?) :D.

Anyway, I lost most of my interest in it at that point... I don't know how much trouble it'd be to lift it, and get a d/r in there instead of the AWD, but I got a feelin' it's more than I want to get into...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users