Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Saw another wagon tonight...

... and if I don't tell somebody about it, I'm probably gonna explode (the fiance has given me explicit instructions not to mention Subaru's until after the wedding... she understands how much I love 'em, and how they're a big part of my life, but she wants to concentrate on the wedding for the time being. She won't allow a Subaru to have a part in the wedding, either *helpless shrug of bewilderment*)

Anyway, coming home from Best Buy tonight, I'm heading up 787 when I get behind what looks like a Subaru wagon. At least the body shape is the same... and I'm intrigued. Getting close, I spot what I thought was the Subaru logo on the back end, and the name on the right side. They get off the same exit as I do, and I followed up through Troy a bit. This gets me close enough to see that it's a Subaru wagon, grey, with no rust on the rear door (WOO!). No 4wd emblem, though (but we all know that can be rectified). They drove like it was auto, too.

Anyway, at one point I lost 'em in traffic, but I circled around until I found where it was parked... then I stopped, and left the usual message ("If you ever want to sell this car, let me know. And if you don't, check out http://www.ultimatesubaru.org" Thanks, Noel").

It was hard to see in the rain and dark, but it looked in such pristine condition body-wise... didn't take too much of a look, since I didn't want to get soaked, and the last thing I need is to appear to be a Subaru stalker.

So I might have a lead on the new Subaru, or it might lead to a new member up here on the boards. Either way, we've made out :D

Well... it's not quite so much that it's rare... in fact, the newer Sube's are pretty plentiful. You don't see many of the older wagons, though. And the ones that you do see, they're pretty rusted out.

Not this one though, from what I saw of it. I might drive by it sometime later in the daylight, just to get a better look. Especially if the owner gets back to me :banana:.

One of my co-workers lives on the same street that the wagon ended up being parked on... I asked him if he knew who owned it. Not only did he know who owned it, but he was riding along in it last night :D:headbang:

Turns out one of his friends (who also works at my store) owns the car, and just happened to be in the neighborhood that night for a party (or something to the same effect). Makes me wonder if he's got another car, since I've never seen the wagon down at the store. Anyhow, as the story goes, he was looking to sell it at one point. I might just have a chance to pick it up then :banana:.

Not only that, but the original co-worker is also interested in my Loyale... I might just take it down to the bodyshop and find out how much it'll cost to rough cut & weld the important inspection-related rust holes, nothing fancy, just so it'll pass inspection. Depending on the cost, he might be interested in buying it off of me and having the rust work done on it.

Finally, something's starting to work out :D:banana:

it might be kinda strange , or some people might think i am some kind of freek , but i have even went to peoples homes saw a nice subaru sitting there and went up to the door, the xt i found sitting in a shop [lot] and the owner almost gave it to me, because it had a bad tranny , but everything else is nice :wave:

Yeah... I've been labeled a "Subaru freak" now. Talked with the owner this morning, and it turns out that it's a '90 Legacy with AWD.

Fooled me. Guess I need to study up some more on the various body silhouettes (sp?) :D.

Anyway, I lost most of my interest in it at that point... I don't know how much trouble it'd be to lift it, and get a d/r in there instead of the AWD, but I got a feelin' it's more than I want to get into...