Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HOly crazy russian offroading... things...

Andyjo

Hey mods, you can move to offtopic if you think it doesn't belong here...

what i would give for 8 wheel drive... and a billowing stack of black smoke out the top of my roo' :eek:

Apparently this is what is known as Truck Trials... interesting.... i like at the end when they tip one over :clap:

guy at the end not only flipped, he had a bandage on his head.

Hmm.. me thinks he should lay off of the Vodka.

I think those were soviet mobile nuclear missile carriers. No wonder they were a huge part of the Soviet nuclear defense strategy. Those things can go anywhere.

bw

Well now that I've wasted nearly an hour watching a bunch of those truck trial videos! It maybe be off topic, but thanks! That was better than watching Paris-Dakar. From what I could tell those Tatra trucks are Czech made. That's some seriously beefy independant suspension and supersized everything.

Offroading must be big in the Czech Republic. Any of you guys remember seeing that Czech built offroad racing mutant Subaru Hatchback with WRX powertrain? I posted links a few years ago. That was cooling seeing it win against burly 4x4's. There, now this thread is "on topic".

that ripsaw is pretty bad rump roast for sure...but...

bigger and better? not really. there's no way to compete with one of those big transport trucks. look around on youtube and see some of the videos of the BIG trucks doing the Dakar Rally

and the 8-wheel ones are even more capable in bad terrain, plus having a weight of more than 30,000lb...geez, these things are sweet

~Erik~

A few years ago aomewhere down by Olympia I saw a Mog towing a monster fully exo-caged rock crawler Unimog. Seems like it was all painted up with Red Bull graphics if I remember right.

While watching those truck trials, I found a bunch videos of this 6x6 mini van on blubber tires

Also more kinda cool articmobiles at http://www.litvina.com/

I searched for Subaru 6X6 and didn't any but there was a Renault 6x6. Can't believe no ones has been sick/bored/drunk enough to build a Subaru 6x6!

A few years ago aomewhere down by Olympia I saw a Mog towing a monster fully exo-caged rock crawler Unimog. Seems like it was all painted up with Red Bull graphics if I remember right.

While watching those truck trials, I found a bunch videos of this 6x6 mini van on blubber tires

Also more kinda cool articmobiles at http://www.litvina.com/

I searched for Subaru 6X6 and didn't any but there was a Renault 6x6. Can't believe no ones has been sick/bored/drunk enough to build a Subaru 6x6!

Notice how alot of these involve people from countries with a high amount of alcohol consumption?

nipper

I did a google image search for "subaru 6x6" and this lame image came up. Can't say I ever would have thought of a Suba-Limo. If that was a pop top tent I guess it could be an RV.

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/khplanning/imgs/4/e/4effe677.jpg

That's the most pathetic photo-chop I've ever seen.

But it would be kind of cool to cruise around in something like that.

• 1 month later...