Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 accord springs

WoodsWagon

So I put one on a new shock and put it in the back of my loyale wagon. It's gone from being saggy in the rear to cranked way up. From prior experience, it's going even higher when I put the other side together. I'd like some downtravel left on the suspension, so should I cut the springs a bit of leave them as is and hope they settle?

The loyale already has a PK 4/4 lift in it and 235/75r15's on it, and it looks like an AA lift now with how far the suspension is cranked.

If I used 2wd shocks, could you run the accord springs without cutting them? The spring seat is lower on the 2wd's right?

If you want to try I've got a brand new set of 2wd shocks I bought but now don't need. $20 plus shipping if you want em. Trade for?..... they are brand new.

not on the rears. only the fronts. the bracket where the shock bolts to the trailing arm is lower on FWD rears.

when I did my 4WD conversion, I compared them side-by-side. '88 GL 4WD shocks next to '92 FWD ones, identical. should have taken pictures.....

OK. That takes the doubt of whether I should have bought 2wd's in stead of 4wd's.

I'll run it for a bit like this, the chop them later. I kinda like it high, even though I know it will ride like poo. I've got a cuttoff wheel, so chopping them on-car will be no problem.

I just found out.... about the rear 2wd vs 4wd.... heres a pic, the 2wd one is the new one... note the lower spring perch.

100_1428.jpg

100_1427.jpg

By the looks of these pics it appears the 2wd shock would actually lift the rear end if installed on 4wd arms.

By the looks of these pics it appears the 2wd shock would actually lift the rear end if installed on 4wd arms.

good, I'm not the only one seeing that....

if the 2WD one is actually the new one, than I see a HIGHER spring perch.

Which would make the 2wd shock a cheap way for other people to get a bit of lift.

Yeah actually I think I'm gonna try it. 91Loyale I think I might have to rethink my offer to sell you that set:rolleyes: hmmm...

Yeah actually I think I'm gonna try it. 91Loyale I think I might have to rethink my offer to sell you that set:rolleyes: hmmm...

Give it a shot, and take pictures. It's pretty easy swapping them back and forth if you have air tools and a spring compressor. Even with NH rust it's not bad.