Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Cluster Lights

I got the 60k mile cluster out of my other brat and am getting ready to put it into my blue brat, the one in my blue one is wore out and half the lights do not function. I want to input the new cluster with all brand new bulbs and would like to know which bulbs and how many of each they take.

um... I dont know which ones but I think radio shack will have most of them, or ones that it can take!!! so take it overthere and make them work you have a question, they have an answer!

just dont over do it on brightness, you dont want anyfires!

The part that I am stuck at is that I can't seem to get it in there just right, I am having clearance issues in the back with the black and white circular plugs that go into the back, I cant seem to keep them plugged in and still get it to fit back in there. Its like its getting caught on top of the climate control panel.

Are they the same size bulb? or did they have one that fit but has a bigger bulb holder??? or did it use the same ones... can you notice that I am confused... :)

There are two different sized bulbs used in the guage cluster, small ones that look like Christmas lites and bigger ones, ill try and get the exact part number but they are the same that go into the climate control area as well.

hmmm... are they trimmable??? like could you slice enough off of them to make them fit but first, do these have little plastic holders on them that you fit them into the slot and turn it?? or are they just plane bulbs that fit in there.

The part that I am stuck at is that I can't seem to get it in there just right, I am having clearance issues in the back with the black and white circular plugs that go into the back, I cant seem to keep them plugged in and still get it to fit back in there. Its like its getting caught on top of the climate control panel.

Hmmm.... If you've got limber hands and can reach up in there through the bottom, put it in and plug them up afterwards.

ok so they are like normal... I am taking automotive service technology and, at EVIT they teach you from the basics with all of the oldest equipment first, but I didnt think 20 years back, wow, I just wanted to make sure that they were the same as I was thinking

Hmmm.... If you've got limber hands and can reach up in there through the bottom, put it in and plug them up afterwards.

I am sort of lacking in that department, any other thoughts and ideas? What about dropping the steering column?