Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For the same model years, are the bumpers for all Legacy's and outbacks interchangeable? Can a Legacy GT front bumper be installed on a Legacy L?

Thanx,

pete

95-99 front and rear bumpers are all interchangable as far as I know, newer I imagine wouldn't work because of the different bumper design to accomidate the new designed headlamps etc. I'm currently trying to get a front outback bumper for my 95 legacy L. the sedan and wagon bumpers are also interchangable if I'm not mistaken but don't quote me on it.

Not sure what year your ride is but I hoped this helped.

That's what I wanted to hear. I like the Outback/GT fog lights, so I figure if the bumper fits, then I can get the lights to be OEM.... Unless there are lights that fit into the two small openings of the standard Legacy L.

That's what I wanted to hear. I like the Outback/GT fog lights, so I figure if the bumper fits, then I can get the lights to be OEM.... Unless there are lights that fit into the two small openings of the standard Legacy L.

Yea I imagine you can remove the plastic covers on the L front bumper and install your own aftermarket fogs but I preffer the outbacks nice big rally style foglights.