Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of my subaru 1986 coupe

dudes...its the EA65. pathetic motor designed for israel only in the 80'S.

israel had crazy tax regulations, and had an arab boycott.

in these times, we only had subaru loyales for sale.

other japanese cars were daihatsu and suzuki, but they did not survive the conditions in israel - the only car you can get from the 80's is subaru.

anyway - alot of stuff in my car were replaced, with stuff from the american models, its a mish mash of plastics.

check out my adjustable headrests...aren't they cool?

as for the bumper guards - they are the original ones. found them in a junk yard in some arab village called Yasif. they sell alot of subaru parts for CHEAP CHEAP cash...replaced my radiator for 30$ including work!

there is always the first time.

it is 1300 in volume.

israel had this motor, the 1600 EA81 and the 1800, which is rare to find.

we have 117% tax on cars here, and it was heavier back then.

these cars were called "carriages" - because of their low performance.

most of these engines were replaced over the years. it costs 400$ including work to replace the engine to an EA81.

as for loyale parts - i can get them here for waaaaaay cheaper than you can think...and i'm not talking only used, but NOS - just purchased today 3 main fuses, for 10$...in their original packaging.

if there is anything you guys need, just give me a call :banana:

the back head rests were taken from a citroen saxo. it is a nice compact french car. they know how to make things comfy. took it off for 10$, added the STI covers for an extra 10$...for 20$ i now have back head rests...with french comfort.

nice? :burnout:

im a bit shocked....being as i did know of the EA65 and nobody did.....i remember posting something about it back in the day and everybody was like "huh?"....correct me if im wrong but the subaru Star and the FF-1 used a 1.3 liter (1300) in stock and sports model....oh very nice car by the way -D