Ultimate Subaru Message Board

offroad light beam pattern?

Uberoo

When I get money and actually visit pull and save for 2wd rear stuts and a new motor.I will have a running subaru again.After that I want to install my lightbar on the roof because I actually do some night time wheeling.I plan to put 4 rectangular lights on the light bar.Im thinking 2 driving lights for the middle 2 lights and flood lamps for the side lights.Im thinking of angling them so there beam pattern just slightly overlaps the beams from the driving lights.Will that provide pretty good light on the trail?Any suggestions?

i invented a lighting system that goes as such:

fog lights under the bumper

FLOOD lights ON the bumper

driving lights on the roof.

the fogs will light up the edge of the road.

the flood lights on the bumper will blind dseer a mile away, light up road signs

the driving lights on the top will lwt me see when i a m driving in tall grass or weeds, or bean fields.

the driving lights on the roof will shine down jast ahead of the lo beams on the road.

therwise too bright of lights on top pointes straight ahead will only luight up the tops of trees and bugs and rain and whatnot.

the best place for the light bar is at the b-pillar