Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

offroad light beam pattern?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,436 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:55 AM

When I get money and actually visit pull and save for 2wd rear stuts and a new motor.I will have a running subaru again.After that I want to install my lightbar on the roof because I actually do some night time wheeling.I plan to put 4 rectangular lights on the light bar.Im thinking 2 driving lights for the middle 2 lights and flood lamps for the side lights.Im thinking of angling them so there beam pattern just slightly overlaps the beams from the driving lights.Will that provide pretty good light on the trail?Any suggestions?

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:27 AM

just make sure they're mounted far enough back to avoid shining on the windshield. if it reflects off the windshield, it'll reduce visibility drastically!

#3 scrap487

scrap487

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • Government Camp

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

even better is if you can keep them from lighting up the hood of the car.... sucks having it all lit up, ruins your vision for the stuff further away with not so much light on it.

#4 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,436 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

Im thinking of having the lights about where the front doors end.

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

i invented a lighting system that goes as such:

fog lights under the bumper

FLOOD lights ON the bumper

driving lights on the roof.

the fogs will light up the edge of the road.

the flood lights on the bumper will blind dseer a mile away, light up road signs

the driving lights on the top will lwt me see when i a m driving in tall grass or weeds, or bean fields.

the driving lights on the roof will shine down jast ahead of the lo beams on the road.

therwise too bright of lights on top pointes straight ahead will only luight up the tops of trees and bugs and rain and whatnot.

the best place for the light bar is at the b-pillar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users