Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weatherstripping,windshield gaskets,rubber sealing parts Group buys

Hey everybody,just wanted to start a fire over here.

We over in the historic forum have already successfully had one group buy for windshield gaskets and are currently distributing our second order as a group.

Now we have a weatherstripping/door seal order builing and it got me thinking of you guys over here.We had several Gen II Brat and EA81 car inquiries but we were unable to help them.Those gaskets and seals are still avalible from PRP,who we have an established relationship with.

If you folks can get yourselves together you'd likely save a solid $30+++ per windshield gasket each if you put in an order of 25 or more.

Another reason for getting you folks involved is an ongoing discount.Your cars and Brats are going to need everything ours are now,or soon will be.If you folks intoduce more orders to PRP it'll only help us all around.

If anyone has other suppliers to consider please let us all know.

Something to consider if you assume your aging Subaru to be a collectible Classic.

Two for me as well!

Way to go, Paul! :clap:

Put me down for a set of front door seals and two windshield gaskets, so long as they're the ones that take the wide trim. (Heck, for the windshield gaskets if they're under $50 each I'll even go for three! - Check the photos here to see what I'm after: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5176 Subaru Part #765061030)

--wd

OK,but as I know it I'm not exactly ready to start a list and carry this forward.

If you guys get 25 then someone might want to step up and take the order to PRP.

I'm just too busy right now,and not continuing with any EA81 cars.

PRP = Pecision Replacement Parts http://www.prp.com/

Derek Churchyard is THE guy to deal with.

We have established a good relationship with them.The price we got is well below their retail price.

Well, so far we only have 12 maybe 13. Got quite a ways to go:-\

I believe he is also saying that you need a quarterback for this effort, someone to drum up the needed commitment and be the "go-to" guy on this stuff... when these group buy threads actually DO work, it is because one or more persons get stimulated to carry it through to completion.

I would think that there is enough support for this idea to sticky the thread and THEN, if one person takes the chairperson's seat and updates the thread often enough, the needed support comes out of the woodwork and you all get your crap. BUT someone's gotta volunteer to be the Quarterback; to make the phone calls, to receive and transfer the funds... I would like to think that there is a decent amount of universal trust on this forum; all it takes is a paypal account. don't forget to add paypal processing fees into the amount each person needs to pitch in, if you go that route.