Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How much clearance you have?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 njdrsubaru

njdrsubaru

is this thing on?

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Old Bridge, NJ

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

yeah i'm wondering how much clearance is out there...

tonight i measured my lifted impreza and i got a wooping 9" on diff and 12" on the wheel arch! i'm amazed how tall my little one is... :grin:

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

Blu has 7.3 Inches acording to the cars101.com chart. a 4" lift kit is in the mail, which increases it by 2" (replaces the factory 2" lift). Blu will have 9.3 inches of clearance soon.

Way cool.

:banana: :clap: :banana: :clap:

nipper

#3 njdrsubaru

njdrsubaru

is this thing on?

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Old Bridge, NJ

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

Blu has 7.3 Inches acording to the cars101.com chart. a 4" lift kit is in the mail, which increases it by 2" (replaces the factory 2" lift). Blu will have 9.3 inches of clearance soon.

Way cool.

nipper

cool that way you can join us @ the barrens! :lol:

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

cool that way you can join us @ the barrens! :lol:

Blu's getting 1000.00 worth of work in the next two weeks, one step closer to Alaska.

i've adjusted to my chronic back pain, so i probably can :clap:

nipper

#5 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:32 AM

my 4" AA lifted '88 wagon on 27.5" tires had a hair shy of 13" at the rear diff

my 3" BYB lifted '88 wagon on 29s had about 10.5"

#6 xrturbo

xrturbo

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • allentown

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:07 AM

Neo, I will be joining the club. Picking up a 92 leg wag. today. Getting it for 500 bucks so it will deff be an experiment!!!!! It is obviously getting O/B struts right away and there will be more plans in the works after that. I have a junk set of struts that I will be hacking up and trying to fab new lower spring seats so I can get a bigger tire under it and once that is figured out it will really get crazy. You know what my resources look like :grin: so there will be alot of trial and error parts. :Flame:And also there is a place down the street from my house that will custom make springs and whatever suspension parts you would want for a very good price. I am actually kicking around the idea of just starting with a strut cartridge and making my own struts. I will deff be taking alot of pics throughout this project and will post my results!!!

#7 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

I've got a foot under the rear diff but,

I have it lowered all the way down to save my joints.

It's the front that matters anyway.

#8 kingbobdole

kingbobdole

Mr. XT-6

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Longmont

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

I've got 13" under my 4" AA with 29s....

#9 njdrsubaru

njdrsubaru

is this thing on?

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Old Bridge, NJ

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Neo, I will be joining the club. Picking up a 92 leg wag. today. Getting it for 500 bucks so it will deff be an experiment!!!!! It is obviously getting O/B struts right away and there will be more plans in the works after that. I have a junk set of struts that I will be hacking up and trying to fab new lower spring seats so I can get a bigger tire under it and once that is figured out it will really get crazy. You know what my resources look like :grin: so there will be alot of trial and error parts. :Flame:And also there is a place down the street from my house that will custom make springs and whatever suspension parts you would want for a very good price. I am actually kicking around the idea of just starting with a strut cartridge and making my own struts. I will deff be taking alot of pics throughout this project and will post my results!!!

Nice! :banana:
now u have no excuses for not coming to the pine barrens meet :grin:

btw i am def picking up those struts next week, i'll call u to let ya know when i'm coming

take care

#10 xrturbo

xrturbo

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • allentown

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

Which lift did you decide to go with?

Way cool.

nipper

#11 Andyjo

Andyjo

I'm Not Austin!

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Windham NH

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

Normally i have ~ 8-9" under the Y pipes on my OBS... currently though.. there's about 2.5 ft :-p

#12 weddes05

weddes05

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • near allentown pa

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:53 AM

Is that the jackstand lift setup :lol:

Normally i have ~ 8-9" under the Y pipes on my OBS... currently though.. there's about 2.5 ft :-p

#13 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear of your "lift".:eek:

Hope you return to normal soon

Jack Stand lifts are nothing but trouble:lol:

#14 sayn3ver

sayn3ver

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

Wow, new jersey people. I live in south jersey near cherry hill. Once my car is back on the road i'd love to meet up one weekend.

#15 crazy D

crazy D

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Reno

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

10 in. from rear diff w/ 2 in lift and 24's....soon to come 28's so....14in:headbang:

#16 njdrsubaru

njdrsubaru

is this thing on?

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • Old Bridge, NJ

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

Wow, new jersey people. I live in south jersey near cherry hill. Once my car is back on the road i'd love to meet up one weekend.

hey dude

we usually meet up[ at the barrens, a meet is due soon, check the meet-greet section

:headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users