Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need the dimensions on a gen 1 tall roll bar!!

Hi, I'm going over to pick up my roll bar for my 81 Brat in Ellensburg this Friday ($75!:banana: ) and unless I get my Brat running right I might have to take my little Nissan Sentra. It's an 87 coupe/hatchback thingy, only one I've ever seen. I'm hoping it might have enough room if I remove all my fishing gear :mad: ,drop the backseat, and bungee the hatch closed. The roll bar is one of the stock tall bars (it came on my Brat when it left the showroom)that stands taller than the roof of the cab. Does anyone out there have 1 of these and if you do can you PLEASE take measurements of the height,width, and depth and post them so I can see if it might fit? Thanks, fshnidiot

Height-40 1/2

width-46

depth-30 1/2

If you want at least add 1/2 inch to 1 inch of extra clearance just to be safe on all measurements. Also the two bars on the back should just slip off. That is unless they are rusted on or welded on like I did to mine. Hope that helps.

Richard

Height-40 1/2

width-46

depth-30 1/2

If you want at least add 1/2 inch to 1 inch of extra clearance just to be safe on all measurements. Also the two bars on the back should just slip off. That is unless they are rusted on or welded on like I did to mine. Hope that helps.

Richard

Thankyou sir! I just measured the hatch area on the Sentra and that's not gonna fit unless it does come apart.:mad: I guess I've got enough duct tape to stick it on the roof and tell the state patrol it's there for my protection.:lol: Think they'll buy that one? Thanks again, Frank (fshnidiot)

Snap (almost) I have an 81 brat and an 88 sentra hatch.

Sweet. That little hatch seems like a pretty rare car. I've never seen another one around here since I got it last fall. Well, after an oil pump rebuild,valve cover gaskets,oil pan gasket,and some carb work she's alive (and purring like a kitten)and not bleeding like a stuck pig anymore.!!!!!!!!![ATTACH]4990[/ATTACH]:banana: :banana: :banana: The motor needs a GOOD degreasing to get all the oil off but I let it idle for an hour and found 2 drops of old oil on my cardboard. I can live with that!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout::clap::headbang: fshnidiot